• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CUT FAUX GOLD LEAF VINYL

Peter N Carbone

Hi guys,

Has anyone had experience with ordering custom cut Faux Gold Leaf letters and numbers off the internet?

It's a scary no mans land out there and you never know who you can trust and what kind of product you'll end up with.

Any suggestions will be helpful.

Thanks,
Peter Carbone

SignosaurusRex

What is your definition of "Faux Gold Leaf" lettering?
There are many types of materials that arte "Faux Gold Leaf". Some materials are actually 22k Gold impregnated vinyl with various patterns, some materials (various manufacturers/Brands) are Gold polyester with various patterns and there is actually one material that is / or was available that is 24k hand gilded 1mil. Vinyl in various patterns and tones.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Telephone prankster Ed Bassmaster has a lot to say about fauxes...the fun begins at 2:56, but watch the entire thing.

JB

Billct2

Like Gino said. depends on what you mean.
Signgold & Realgold are actual goldleaf that is printable/cutable.
For fake gold leaf I use VinylEFX, only one with any exterior durabilty.

Gino

Premium Subscriber

Ya know, they say the first thing to go is your mind and I forget what the next thing is, but I think your eyes are going first.................

Gino

Premium Subscriber

Ya know, they say the first thing to go is your mind and I forget what the next thing is, but I think your eyes are going first................. oops, there I go again, I forgot.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ya know, they say the first thing to go is your mind and I forget what the next thing is, but I think your eyes are going first................. oops, there I go again, I forgot. Is this ground hog or sumptin' ??

Colin

Was there ever a vinyl made that simulates "variegated" gold leaf?

Attachments

• verigated.jpg
    verigated.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 73