• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dance Floor Decal

Lisa68

Hello There and thank you for our help in advance.

We provide wedding/events signages and lately we have been getting a lot of requests for shiny mirror gold vinyl for dance floor decals, we tried contacting and asking our vendors of what material we should use for that, with no luck. Can anyone make any recommendations?

jfiscus

Rap Master
I would say a gold chrome wrap vinyl would be what you're looking for. It isn't going to be cheap though!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, shiny mirror gold is expensive regardless of where you buy it. What size(s) do you need ??

We used to have a member who probably could've told you this first hand, but he's left the building. Maybe you could send him a PM and find out his source. :thumb:

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
You will need more than just the vinyl

You will need to “laminate” the mirror gold vinyl to a REMOVABLE adhesive vinyl. Then you will need a non-slip lamination on top of that. This will make this extremely think and difficult to cut.

Vinyl is something like

RTape VinylEfx Durable Series​

Removable adhesive - so they can get it off the floor with no adhesive left behind. Can’t imagine the phone call you’d get with a permanent adhesive

Non-slip lamination - self explanatory.

Sounds like a nightmare waiting to happen project. I personally would not touch it.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Agree, way too much liability.
Floor decals with anti slip laminate seem to be going out, LED floor projection advertising is in and pretty cool…

Perma Adv

I have done a lot of dance floor monogram decals using Oracal 631 cut-vinyl. It's an indoor grade vinyl that sticks pretty well for the event and has a removable adhesive. They have a metallic gold (plus silver and copper), but it's more of a "matte satin" finish, not a mirror/chrome finish. The matte finish reduces the chance of slippage, especially if it's just words/letters and/or simple designs. These have usually been in the overall size range of 3'-4' high x 4'-6' wide, so not any kind of full dance floor coverage.