• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dave Drane...

Flame

Wow.... :( RIP Dave... you were an awesome guy. I guess I waited too long to take you up on that offer to come visit. Hope you get some good seat time from here on out buddy.

itzdeb

http://www.nambourgolfclub.com.au/l...View+Event&event=2237-2889879&ComeFromCat=235

Dave was one of the coolest in the world. Seriously, he had a huge spirit, more than most anyone I have ever met in my life; you could have heart to hearts with Dave. He didn't have any enemies.
Such a talented guy, and he was so excited to get that tool from Las Vegas, I remember that too! He was a true artist and signwriter from the old school.

It was his passion for those that didn't have much or were suffering, from the droughts in Australia to his Digger that won my heart and stole our attention.

My heart just cannot imagine what loss Liddy is going through and I would be happy to get something going or join in to do something that Dave would have liked. Dave always talked about their wedding picture and how they met, how they used to swim the beach when they were just teens, and the whole romance of the winter wedding. When I was there you could always tell how much they were like newly weds all the time. They both ran the shop. Dave and Liddy were like two peas in a pod. They were inseparable although both such individual unique spirits.

I met Dave and Liddy when they came to the U.S. to my house in the winter when we had subzero temps. Among all the joy they brought to my family, and friends, I have to say we couldn't believe how tough they were walking miles to buy warm coats without telling me from their hotel. Even though they had a van, they just felt like walking to the nearby mall. I was astounded they didn't call me first.
The cab drivers wouldn't even get out of the cabs because of the huge negative windchill. We kept online and phone friends for years till I was so lucky to go out to their home and also Ian's and Joan's and Kel's family in 07. It was spring and Dave and Liddy and I went thru the Bush and rainforest, and beach seaside. The hills were beautiful and Dave talked about getting that Harley and finally did. I followed him and Liddy through their adventures here in Signs 101 and Letterville, phone and email. Dave was always helping those beautiful birds and it was truly a sad day for him when he lost Digger. There were many more kookaburras he helped that were blinded and such and he had them come and sit on our shoulders on the veranda, they loved him so much. (it was a sad day when we lost Bushie and to lose you is just a bit too much. Dave always talked about his country and the droughts, and the big flood recently was so sad. I am happy Dave left us doing what he loved to do if that is any comfort to us.
Such a talented guy, and he was so excited to get that tool from Las Vegas, I remember that too! He was a true artist and signwriter from the old school. It was a blast to learn some of the trade from him. I remember the box of gold leaf brushes he showed me that belonged to his father who was a signwriter as well.

There is so much more, but to lose you Dave, I hope it is just temporary as we all know we will meet in a better place, still missing the friend you were to all here as well.
Rest in peace you great guy and friend!

your friend, Deb Fowler

Last edited:

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
Well, Dave's funeral was attended by over 350 friends including a handful of Letterheads today. Many wanted to speak, but speakers were limited to just four, to keep it short, and there was time for more talking afterwards.

He was a lovely & great bloke. Many spoke of his crazy sense of humour, plus his birds, his golf, his Harley, and his signwriting, plus the love of his life, Liddy.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
He really had a positive impact on people he came in contact with.
A person can't do much better than that in the short time we have here.
Thanks for the follow up Ian.

wayne k
guam usa