• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

De-segmenting old Cad Files

Ekim

Hi There,
I am using flexi 5.5

I have alot of sandblast art files that were originally drawn in casmate and visual cad.
My question,

The problem is that I cant fill these drawings with fills without extensive editing. Every single line segment is its own object.
I need to join all the nodes that connect so I can create objects that are fillable...

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ekim

Shovelhead

Do you have CorelDraw?

-Import
-combine all segments
-select all nodes
-autoclose

PM me and I'll give you my address if you don't have Corel.

iSign

don't mind shovelhead... that's how he introduces himself
...now you know what to expect from him :Big Laugh (in addition to all the help he offers)

Nobody tells you any rules here... but some of us make them up anyway, so we can bitch about breaking them. :smile:

By the way, as far as I'm concerned "Hi There" is a good enough introduction, and the fact that you use paragraphs, and state the software AND version.... I can tell you are going to be one of the top tier folks already :thumb:

Sorry I don't know another way to auto close nodes, but good luck, and let us know how it goes in the end.

Shovelhead

don't mind shovelhead... that's how he introduces himself :rolleyes:
...now you know what to expect from him.
Nobody tells you any rules here... but some of us make them up anyway, so we can bitch about breaking them.

By the way, as far as I'm concerned "Hi There" is a good enough introduction,and the fact that you use paragraphs, and state the software AND version.... I can tell you are one of the top tier folks already :thumb:

Sorry I don't now another way to autoclose nodes, but good luck, and let us know how it goes in the end.

What if he/she was using "Nashville, TN" as a distraction and secretly
operated a home-based sign company over on the "big island" at wholesale
prices?

DOGraphics

"big island" ?

I don't know iSign but my on-line opinion .....

He wouldn't be planning to close the doors and
start a cabinet shop w/ a fancy saw to cut all the parts.
:ROFLMAO:

iSign

What if he/she was using "Nashville, TN" as a distraction and secretly
operated a home-based sign company over on the "big island" at wholesale
prices?

oh yeah... I forgot, his "proper introduction" would have included blowing his cover, and revealing his secret hideout & his plans to conquer the world... good thing I have friends in the Murder Capital :doh: