• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Digitrim / Import Fotoba Experience?

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Do any of you have any experience with one of these cutters?

Looks like a knockoff Fotoba cutter for about 1/4 the price. Wouldn't even consider it if it was a 10 or 20% savings, but $16k vs $60k? I just have to ask...

rjssigns

No clue if they're any good. Service, tech support and software compatibility are what I would worry about.

Raum Divarco

General Manager CUTWORX USA / Amcad & Graphics
Do any of you have any experience with one of these cutters?

Looks like a knockoff Fotoba cutter for about 1/4 the price. Wouldn't even consider it if it was a 10 or 20% savings, but $16k vs $60k? I just have to ask...
A lot of the growing new XY cutters still need some work. For XY it is best to stick with Italy for the Fotoba and Flexa cutters.
One of the main reasons Fotoba is more expensive is there are more components in it. The DigiTrim function on Fotobas are nice. There are a lot of boards and parts to these machines. The shearing action of the slitters is another reason for the costs. for most non-film materials this isn't needed. We have stuck with distributing Flexa as its a more cost-effective machine. It uses crush cutting blades against an anvil roller.
https://www.cwtworktoolsusa.com/category-xy-cutters.html