• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Direct Print By the Piece Coro?

Drmdetermined

Sure enough the printer for a competitor got back to us today after saying they couldn't take on any other businesses like ours (guessing because it keeps them busy). We asked if they could refer us to a printer that could take us on, and I quote their response as

"Hi again!

To produce individual signs with tens of thousands of SKU's at high quality, high speed and be reasonably priced is quite and undertaking. I'm not aware of any other printing company that has our type of setup and could handle it successfully. I really wish you the best and sorry we are unable to help at this time.

Best Regards,

Customer Service"

So here we are, still searching. The difference of being unemployed in a month or being able to start-up in a super competitive industry and have a chance. Sucks.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
And you were told that here. Buck up camper... Focus on what you thought could make a living in the first place. Or is that out the window now?

Drmdetermined

Yeah, no I was told it wasn't possible. It is possible, and a good source of revenue all around. They are so full of orders they can't entertain another vendor.

Without being able to split ship we'll be 1 in 200 other vendors. To be able to split ship or piece order we'd be one in 5.

Hoping someone who actually can do this will see the post and save the day. Instead of the ones who aren't able telling me it's not possible when in fact it is, and someone is already successfully printing this way and making money partnering with graphic designers in our industry.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
You can choose to complain from this or choose to learn from this. If you cant decipher it then it's time to tighten up your resume and look for a job. Life can be hard or easy, it is whatever you make it.

ikarasu

I mean, you can lease a printer for a few hundred a month... Starting up isn't hard, it's getting the clients and keeping them that's the hard part.

Why not buy a cheapo latex for 8k and just do it in house? If your shipping is abysmal because you don't ship enough try a ship site. I hear pirateship is good for USA.

As for the other vendor - I call bullshit. When's the last time you've ever seen a store or business day were too busy and not accepting new clients? You'll never increase your revenue that way. If it were profitable for them... They'd hire more people, buy another printer, or even buy a bigger shop. You don't just say well, my 1 printer is printing for 8 hours, that's it, were at max capacity... You expand. So something fishy is going on there.

Either they think you won't make them profit, or they're lying about doing it in the first place

Drmdetermined

I have a feeling they signed a non-compete or something with the competitor they are printing for. That's my guess, due to how how throat our industry became last year with everyone jumping in due to COVID. That's why they aren't taking on more businesses like ours. Sucks.

I'll look into a used one. We looked at new ones and can't make that happen right now. All of our local printers don't do direct to coro. All do vinyl application and hand cutting. I'll check pirate ship also. Thanks for some helpful information.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I have a feeling they signed a non-compete or something with the competitor they are printing for. That's my guess, due to how how throat our industry became last year with everyone jumping in due to COVID. That's why they aren't taking on more businesses like ours. Sucks.

I'll look into a used one. We looked at new ones and can't make that happen right now. All of our local printers don't do direct to coro. All do vinyl application and hand cutting. I'll check pirate ship also. Thanks for some helpful information.
Bull-shit. it's your business model. Period. Answer me this, why can't you buy them one by one on S365? They will drop ship each order and it is exactly what you need, one by one. I'll save you the trouble of answering, it's the price. That means your hair brained idea is flawed.
We all can sell a dollar for fifty cents and have people lined up out the door for it but, in business you need to sell a dollar for two dollars. If you can't do that then you will not make it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So, what size cnc do you have ?? Is it running basically all the time ?? At least 25 or 30 hours a week ??

Once you have 3 or 400 hundred cor-x signs a week, just keep doing what you're doing. Until you get up to that number, you're basically a PITA to most wholesalers. What you're describing does not seem to exist anywhere. So, perhaps these people are telling you what you want to hear, just to make you go away. Ya hafta face reality sooner or later. There's no magic in this sh!t.