• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Do not use kas or sam-ink they are all suck

Suz

Wow! So, not worth doing, that is for sure! :omg: Thank you for sharing. Glad your machine isn't ruined. You may have saved a few people some big bucks! I mean big sucks. LOL!

Here is my experience with the Sam Ink inks in my L25500:

We ordered a set of cartridges to test before committing to the bulk ink. We switched inks and noticed a change in colors, so we created a new profile for our common medias with the new inks. For the First week everything was good, had crisp prints and it seemed to last longer than the HP inks (most likely just our profiles). At the end of the week we left it on over the weekend, and on Monday noticed that we had alot of nozzle clogs. We cleaned the heads and recovered most of them, but by the end of the week they were pretty much all clogged and we weren't getting any prints out of it. We tried to do everything we could to recover the heads, and finally replaced them with some spares we had, with in one week those were clogged. We finally put in a brand new set of Heads and returned to HP Inks after flushing the system everything is printing normal and we will never try that again.

I tried to give it a shot for nearly a month thinking that is was other things but finally came to the conclusion that the inks were to blame and we weren't going to look back.

CanuckSigns

I've said it once, I'll say it again. Unless you are running Merritt kind of quantity, are the savings from 3rd party ink worth the hassles? They all claim to be guaranteed to to mess up your printer, but I have yet to hear of a third party ink company take responsibility for something going wrong.

if you are paying $130 for genuine HP ink, 750 ml, why on earth would you want to run anything else?!?!

Christian @ 2CT Media

We looked at using the Sam-ink because it is $69/liter... That's less than half, we took the chance because we knew the heads are replaceable by the end user and it was worth the shot... it didn't pan out so we are back to OEM.

emener

high cost

In any case Sam-ink has cost us a lot
3 latex printers L26500 down and 2 Z6100 down,
Total 12 printheads not working on latex
8 not working on Z6100
Tons of ink laying around
One bord fried,
customer service is useless
they sent chip decoder , did not do anything;
they told us they would send replacement print heads, then said they did not have any left....
very Frustrating
3 orders placed, every time we are told that the next order will fix problems
3 stores stopped in morocco
only printers still working are the Z6200
that did not get Sam-ink....
this might actually kill me

Kevsign, KAS does not have SAM*INK® products.Furthermore, z6100, L25, L26, L28 do not have the same main boards. They are also not PC boards. You can confirm the different part numbers in the service manuals.
Sincerely,
Sam Leong

premiercolour

Merchant Member
If your product f*cked up someone else's machine. Admit it, apologize it, fix it or get a new printer. It seems like every complaint that I read on signs101 you want nothing to do with it. It is not me, it is not Sam's. It never happened. We're local to Kevsign. They did use your ink.

Latex: Always use HP OEM product. Bordeaux has latex ink product but because of not as good as OEM. It is putting on hold.

ADPRO

Fool`s gold

Dear rexhaj28,

I have throughly reviewed your feed back and feel that I owe you my deepest apologies for the inconvenience that our technical support miscommunication has caused.

At SAM*INK®, we are very serious about our customer's satisfaction and we work hard everyday to get to the bottom of any customer feed back. After analyzing the issue and conducting several internal reviews, I found that the issue originated from our incomplete ISO 9001 feed back form which we should have just called and talked over the phone to help trouble-shoot and ascertain the condition of capping-stations, wiper-station, and dampers. Although a lab print-test of the retained ink batch was conducted in our factory, I feel that we could have done more to communicate.

This missed opportunity to give you an enjoyable experience with SAM*INK® is something I could never abide by. To ensure that this will never happend again, I have conducted a technical service training sesssion and embedded this lessson into our ISO 9001 Corrective Action and Preventive work instruction. I have also invested and installed fibre-optics cables at 150 mbps to skype support our customers.

Because I value your relationship with SAM*INK®, we should have provided you with the appropriate credit-notes. It is the least I can do for causing you any inconvenience.

If you would have questions regarding this matter, please feel free to SMS, Whatsapp, or iMessage to discuss it with me at +65.9011.2282

Sincerely yours in service,
Sam Leong

We had some experience with SAM Ink and can give an honest opinion. We tried it for a few months (with a lot of financial effort on our part). For a 25500 we used both HP Refilled Cartridges and SAM Ink refillable cartridge units. With both of them we experienced serious head clogging and changed a lot of printheads.
Further more, even though we were still testing the inks and considered the option of distributing them locally (upon confirmation of quality) the prices that they offered us kept rising from one order to another (20 - 50% increase per order). Sam does sound professional but he does not have his money and mouth in the same place.
We would advise against the use of their inks.

SAM*INK

BSc, MSc, MBA. Director & CEO.
Dear KevSign,

I think you also suck. Z6100, L25500, L260, L280 do NOT share the same parts.

Please clarify before making false and misleading statements.

Yours truly,
Sam Leong BSc MSc MBA | sam@sam-ink.com | WA +65-9011-2282.

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
This turned bad. Not a happy ending at all.

Remember people..... when you point a finger accusing someone of something, you still have three pointing back k at yourself. So, be careful.

And it's like a 6 year old thread !!!!!

SAM*INK

Dear PremierColour,

I think you are an ink competitor.

I have been trying to help you but now I think I know your intentions.

Yours truly,
Sam Leong BSc MSc MBA | sam@sam-ink.com | WA +65-9011-2282.

Last edited:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
This turned bad. Not a happy ending at all.

Remember people..... when you point a finger accusing someone of something, you still have three pointing back k at yourself. So, be careful.

And it's like a 6 year old thread !!!!!
It's like the The Hatfield–McCoy feud.
"We've been fighting so long we forgot what started it."

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
This thread was before my time...but surely looks like 10 fingers from 10 different people are pointing at Sam..... Sam revived an old thread that died out, and really the response from him left egg all over his face. No not a happy ending at all.... ya should just let it die and do what other overseas people do...change your name and sell it unsuspecting people all over again.

equippaint

Samink - All of those titles you find necessary to string after your name won't do anything for you when you act like a child. When publicly representing a company ALWAYS take the high road.

Forever Yours,
Equippaint noMBA, notaCEO

SAM*INK

Dear Equippaint,

Nice to meet you. I'll be 54 this year, & Grace and I have 3 wonderful children.

When you represent yourself, your family, your business, or your country, you do not need to be ALWAYS apologetic - especially to business competitors.

The Good Book also taught us that it is not wrong or sinful to be proud of or take pleasure in a job well done—winning an award, following a difficult recipe in the kitchen, running a successful business, passing a challenging exam, negotiating bargains, graduating school, raising a family, and the like. We can scrutinize and be satisfied with the work we did. This attitude is simply opposed to being displeased (which discontentment would motivate us to do it again until we got it right)

Forever Yours,
Sam Leong BSc MSc MBA. sam@sam-ink.com | WA +65-9011-2282.

equippaint

Dear Equippaint,

Nice to meet you. I'll be 54 this year, & Grace and I have 3 wonderful children.

When you represent yourself, your family, your business, or your country, you do not need to be ALWAYS apologetic - especially to business competitors.

The Good Book also taught us that it is not wrong or sinful to be proud of or take pleasure in a job well done—winning an award, following a difficult recipe in the kitchen, running a successful business, passing a challenging exam, negotiating bargains, graduating school, raising a family, and the like. We can scrutinize and be satisfied with the work we did. This attitude is simply opposed to being displeased (which discontentment would motivate us to do it again until we got it right)

Forever Yours,

At 54, you should be better than this. I never said to be apologetic. I said that, at a minimum, you should act like an adult while representing your company.
Since you brought it up, the good book does not condone the way you are being, it promotes being humble and kind. With that being said I don't care. You are just making yourself look stupid with your company plastered all over it.

Hey KevSign, (or whoever you really are),

I think you suck. Z6100, L25500, L260, L280 do NOT share the same parts.

Clarify before making false and misleading statements or else you'll become a fake.

All suppliers - stay away from KevSign.

Hey Premiercolour (or whoever your real identity is),

OMG - you're my slandering ink competitor!

Please don't sound so altruistic - we now know who you really are!

Yours truly,
Sam Leong BSc MSc MBA.

With Appreciation,
Equippaint, noMBA, noCEO, MSHA, OSHA24, BSBA, Managing Member, Certified Aerial Trainer

Last edited:

SAM*INK

Dear Player,

You're right. Schlepping inks is nothing compared to JP Morgan Chase or Boeing.

But somehow the Good Lord has closed some doors and opened some, and He has led a servant down this path. I am not complaining.

It has been 20 years now and I'm just starting to see the real purpose for which I am called to harvest.

Best Regards,

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Someone putting all that stuff after their name looks tacky and not professional...and questionable..but then again your suit says that too.

Texas_Signmaker, GED

Last edited: