• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Do you "fix" your sizes

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
The state made us put up a sign for one of our licenses after an inspection. I grabbed 2 longer 4x4s from the dunnage pile, rolled on rustoleum white, bent 2 pieces of angle out of white 063 and screwed 3mm acm to the angle between the posts. At 5pm, I told the sandblaster to go stick it in the ground. Straight in sugar sand, no concrete, stone nothing. I told the guy it needs to last a day, just long enough for the inspector to check their box. It has been there 6-7 years now, still standing up straight. Pro level stuff here.
Speaking of 2 cranes, this same customer told me these barges weighed 30k lbs, well they were between 38-45k each so the first time unloading these things, I had to have a second crane come in. Good thing I am friendly with the crane guys and they are right down the road. These are the times where the free hard hat stickers you make for them work out in your favor.
How many free hard hat decals before they let you drive the crane?

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
How many free hard hat decals before they let you drive the crane?
You mean how much do they have to pay me to drive the crane? They are the most god awful things to drive. I do have some interns that are picking it up pretty quick
PXL_20210227_230403108.jpg

IMG_20200930_133447.jpg IMG_20200930_133928.jpg PXL_20201204_195259097.jpg

GAC05

Quit buggin' me

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Those are cute.
Crane driving was on my bucket list but I think the bottom rusted out of my bucket and all I see when I look into it is the dirt I will be planted in one day.
My bucket list involves lots of $1 dollar bills. I keep it simple.
Imagine sitting on a bucket sitting in the back of a uhaul trailer during the middle of the summer driving down a dirt road. There's you're crane experience. They make me dizzy running them, it's weird looking up at the boom with the clouds scooting by. You can't tell what's actually moving.