• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Do you guys/gals do this....................................... ??

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We have several vehicles coming in this week, as normal,and with all the rain we're having and forecast to still come, do you still remind your customers to have them washed before they bring them in..... even if it's raining ??

excelerator

Yes! Who knows how they keep their vehicle. Prewash Gets rid of most of the dust/dirt/mud, tar, bird crap etc. Yes we still wipe down 2x with IPA prior to wrapping. Also have to dry it, nothing worse than a little water drop running behind the wrap when applying

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, none of these are wraps. One partial and 4 die cut lettering, but that really shouldn't make a difference.

Johnny Best

I send an email "to do" list to the customer before they bring it in, stating that the work will last longer with a clean vehicle.

2B

yes, always have them clean the vehicles before arrival, you don't know what or if they have a wax/coating on the vehicles.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
I agree. We ask them to do a simple clean before bringing it in. We still wipe it down with alcohol.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I know the routine and always tell them to have them clean, but the lady today said, but it's raining, you still want them to wash it in the rain ?? Sure. I'm not saying stand out in the pouring rain and wash it, but take it to a car wash and get all the road dirt and grime off of it, so we don't have to. I priced it to letter, not wash, also. She still sounded upset. Therefore, I thought I'd ask if anyone else insists on rainy days to be sure to wash them. I'm not worried about wax on the vehicle(s), just the normal grime.

Guess she thinks rain is the same as washing a vehicle.

Billct2

Always ask to have it washed, rain doesn't get the the road grime off.
When raining or snow/cold II also ask if they can deliver the night before so we can put it in overnight to dry/warm up

ExecuPrintGS

Yes, we still have them wash them, and we have actually been requesting drop offs for the night before so they can be in our install bay, dry and ready for us to rock and roll when we get in.

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
Yes.

We tell our clients do have a basic wash done before dropping the vehicle off. Our estimates state that there may be a cleaning charge for a dirty vehicle. We charge $90 for a basic cleaning.

The time it takes to clean an be spent on other projects and making money. So why not charge for this time as well.

I just did a color change on a Range Rover Evoque about a week ago. Even though the client took it through a car wash, we still had to do more cleaning. Now with color change this is to be expected but the ended up having to clay bar about 1/2 the vehicle due to some contamination. We charged for that.

Warmoth

I can ask customers to do a simple wash-down, yet most of them seem to get the idea to go off-roading before they bring me their vehicles instead.
IF they're feeling generous, they'll wash it, and then run it through a mystical Armor-All waterfall....gee, thanks.

We don't do full-wraps here, so it's not typically a huge deal. But if it's particularly filthy, a cleaning fee gets added to the bill (with notice of course).

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:roflmao: after all this, she cancelled this morning and rescheduled for next Tuesday. So, to be the a$$hole I am, I said, and please don't forget to wash these trucks before you bring them in....................