• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Do you have job descriptions?

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
At FireSprint, we have really focused the last year on getting more information down in writing. This really helps our whole team communicate better. Here's a quick blog post I wrote about it:

Happy Independence Day everyone!

Humble PM

If I'm lucky, one day I'll be a Eudyptula minor
Very useful.
Interesting that you've managed to employ soothsayers.

• Understand and predict our future inventory demands
  • Track and understand current and future inventory lead times

jochwat

Graphics Department
Very useful.

• Understand and predict our future inventory demands
  • Track and understand current and future inventory lead times
I've got a friend who has a job title of "Futurist", so, they're out there!

FireSprint.com

Very useful.
Haha! Yeah, we mostly just use a crystal ball and some tarot cards...

That and a few spreadsheets, constant communication with our vendors, accounting software, current jobs in the pipeline...

FireSprint.com

Happy independence day! Glad you guys took the time to read these. I'm guessing none of you have job description in writing? How's that working for you?

Worked well for us us for a while, but it catches up if you keep growing as a company.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I have a job description. My duties and responsibilities were outlined and we both signed the agreement. In the course of the past 6 and a half years it's evolved. But there's never been a need to formalize that evolution in writing. Then again, I'm the only full time employee (besides the owner).

Last edited:

Gene@mpls

I appropriated my job title from a customer [and still love it] Director of Continuious Improvement [retired].

Johnny Best

titles

Attachments

• Ape1.jpg
    Ape1.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 122

FireSprint.com

Haha.

No such thing as a current problem employee.

There are opportunities for growth, or people that need to be let go. Anything in the middle is a problem with the leadership, not the employee.

Just my opinion anyway.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I hired a 15 year old girl (family friend) today to help me with a trailer install. The only thing I told her is she needed to help me hold things and if she could at least read the inch lines on a tape measure that would be great. By the end of the day she was overlaying the vinyl all by herself as I cleaned up the mess. She could even read a tape measure to the 16th! She said she learned that in woods class. She took the bull by the horns and probably could do the next trailer all by herself! It was a great day!!!!!!!