• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Do you know Colorbase?

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
This is great! defiantly helps in situations where you just need to get printing but don't have a way to create a profile.

monroesigns

Colorbase is the largest profile database in the world, with more than a million profiles for more than 3.500 materials, for more than 400 printers.

www.colorbase.com

Of course pre-made profiles are only the second-best choice in achieving color precision, but could help sometimes.
Link on the site for "Terms & Conditions" give 404 error, however you can reach the T&C by selecting "Terms of Use" at the bottom of the webpage

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Colorbase is the largest profile database in the world, with more than a million profiles for more than 3.500 materials, for more than 400 printers.

www.colorbase.com

Of course pre-made profiles are only the second-best choice in achieving color precision, but could help sometimes.
I get regular emails from them - that now go to the spam folder. I've checked it out several times but have found their database useless to me. Every time they announce new profiles have been added, it doesn't apply to my needs or what I'm looking for.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
This is great! defiantly helps in situations where you just need to get printing but don't have a way to create a profile.
That's what I thought... but they don't have any of the profiles I've tried to find, and I'm not looking for anything super weird. Just basic stuff.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I get regular emails from them - that now go to the spam folder. I've checked it out several times but have found their database useless to me. Every time they announce new profiles have been added, it doesn't apply to my needs or what I'm looking for.
Same - Mutoh 1624x + Flexi 12 + 3M IJ (anything) = No results found

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
That's what I thought... but they don't have any of the profiles I've tried to find, and I'm not looking for anything super weird. Just basic stuff.
It seems most profiles are for Onyx & Caldera.
Theres:
14 printer brands
23 RIP options
~250 brands of media

for 1,000,000 profiles. that's basically 1 profile per printer for 1 stock per brand on every rip.

I think the idea is cool.
im not sure how this will work, but they have an ICC creator. So if you upload your measurements, the software will create the profile and potentially put it in the database.

netsol

It seems most profiles are for Onyx & Caldera.
Theres:
14 printer brands
23 RIP options
~250 brands of media

for 1,000,000 profiles. that's basically 1 profile per printer for 1 stock per brand on every rip.

I think the idea is cool.
im not sure how this will work, but they have an ICC creator. So if you upload your measurements, the software will create the profile and potentially put it in the database.
So, when all is said and done, you will have the chance to download a profile made by the guy who posts a " why does my red. Look like rust?" Or " why can't I print a good greyscale?"

That'll be a time saver...

Seriously, I am sure there are times you would kill for a downloaded profile, I will give it a try. My point is there might be 2 dozen of us on this website who could do a reprint of a job from last year and have it match.

rjssigns

Same - Mutoh 1624x + Flexi 12 + 3M IJ (anything) = No results found
Same here.

Thankfully I have keys to the lab.
X-Rite targets printed yesterday, will go to campus and measure hopefully today. Doing it all through X-Rite, no Flexi "wizard".

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
So, when all is said and done, you will have the chance to download a profile made by the guy who posts a " why does my red. Look like rust?" Or " why can't I print a good greyscale?"

That'll be a time saver...

Seriously, I am sure there are times you would kill for a downloaded profile, I will give it a try. My point is there might be 2 dozen of us on this website who could do a reprint of a job from last year and have it match.
After I posted it. I thought about how it wouldn’t work as a media profile and an ICC profile are different.

I do like the concept of the website.
It can get you out of trouble.
You have a new stock, but the generic profile you use sucks. So you need to get one to work till you profile it yourself or pay someone to do it.