• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Do you paint walls?

mark in tx

Customer walks in, looks around the shop at the signs and banners, asks if I paint walls.
I tell him no, I print on vinyl and then apply to walls.
If he needs a sign painter I can put him in touch with one.
No, he already painted the wall.

He starts telling me that he primed his wall with Kilz, then painted it black, then hung up pictures with Velcro, now the velcro is taking off the paint all the way to the drywall, what could cause that?

I told him I'm not sure, but he could probably ask the guys at the Sherwin Williams paint store around the corner.

:omg2:

:ROFLMAO:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hold your ground. As you already stated, you're a sign shop and not a paint shop. He'll have to go to the guy that sold him the Kilz and wall paint and ask HIM what he did wrong with THEIR product.

I wouldn't go to a Burger King to find out what happened to my burgers on my grill out on the porch.

Some people...............:noway:

Baz

Last week PBS was showing Ken Burns' Civil War. I noticed an old photograph that showed a street scene and one large business was a sign shop that also offered house painting.

Maybe some people still associate our business that way.:ROFLMAO:

MikePro

He starts telling me that he primed his wall with Kilz, then painted it black, then hung up pictures with Velcro, now the velcro is taking off the paint all the way to the drywall, what could cause that?

:ROFLMAO:

"the tape."
"that will be $30 for the consult, sir."

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Last week PBS was showing Ken Burns' Civil War. I noticed an old photograph that showed a street scene and one large business was a sign shop that also offered house painting.

Maybe some people still associate our business that way.:ROFLMAO:

By chance did you notice if there was a mullet sporting guy in green speedos standing in front of the shop?
Some hand painters here have been in the biz for a very long time.

wayne k
guam usa

Baz

By chance did you notice if there was a mullet sporting guy in green speedos standing in front of the shop?
Some hand painters here have been in the biz for a very long time.

wayne k
guam usa

There was a mullet sporting kid wearing a green speedo i think! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

signswi

You should actually know the answer though -- you're supposed to wait a couple of weeks after painting a wall before putting on adhesives (like vinyl...or velcro) or it'll peel off the paint.

That said yeah we get some weird requests, but all businesses do. People are really lazy and if a business is remotely, tangentially related to something they need they'll ask instead of researching. What can you do.