• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Do You Print & Cut?

Do you have or plan to purchase a print and cut system?

• Yes

Votes: 59 62.1%
  • No

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • No but I plan to get one

Votes: 23 24.2%
  • No and I have no plans to get one

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Wondering how many members have any of the many print and cut systems such as Gerber Edge, Summa DC3, VersaCamm or any print system with an accompanying OPOS equipped plotter?

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
(not meaning to be smart here, just honest:) yesterday we printed & cut- screened 430 stickers, on 7725 3M clear vinyl, by hand, then hand cut the lot with a stanley knife & aluminium ruler on an easy cutting table I made.
Screened in a 6-up screen, taking about an hour from set up to clean up, then about an hour & a half to cut them all. Wastage was 5, which wasn't a bad average, and that was in the cutting, trying to get smart and cut through a fat heap in one go.
It's for a regular customer who goes through about 100 a month, and when he phones, he needs them immediately. I wouldn't consider farming it out as we can do it quickly & the money is good. The screen is already made, & the special tint of ink on hand. $100 an hour plus materials is not difficult in this particular job. His loyalty to us is appreciated too.

I don't think I'd have the turnover to justify a print & cutter, though I'd like one. (I think I said that about a plotter many years ago!)

Craig Sjoquist

don't mean to be dum her but have a old pnc 5000 that i need software for it's a cut n print sure like to use it paint signs by hand is a losing battle here in o-town

Baz

I got an SC-500 ... And for certain jobs (ie. hundreds of small stickers) i will also screen them by hand. I sub out some orders for small stickers (in the 1000s) to a local screen printing shop that has automated screen presses. They also sub out to me their short orders.

Certain jobs are best done a certain way.

cbcie

What are some of you using? I am looking to maybe purchase one but am unsure what to get. I am looking to print/cut decals of dogs. Some times it might be 1 or 2 or even as many as a 100. Thanks for the help!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Some popular systems intended for the decal market. All carry low 5 figure price tags.

Gerber Edge

Roland Versacamm

Mutoh Jr.

Mimaki 750

theroq

We Have The Edge I, We Cut A Job Today Of 3000 Decals Print And Cut. We Cut With And Old Superstrint Gerber....works Good, But I Wish I Had A Newer Style.

cbcie

What do you think of the Roland ColorCamm pc-12? Right now it is more in the price range. I am not looking at a high volume or anything large right now.

Just Me

cbcie said:
What do you think of the Roland ColorCamm pc-12? Right now it is more in the price range. I am not looking at a high volume or anything large right now.
we just purchased one this last week, still trying to learn it yet, but the prints we have done with it, look real nice. will keep you updated:thumb:

cbcie

Please let me know how it goes. I have info coming from Roland but your real life experience will mean more!
Cheryl

Barry

Versacamm here, and from time to time Ill do orders as large as 2000 decals. Normally takes me about a day or so to print, cut, apply transfer tape (if necessary) and trim.