• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does anyone have the colorchoice rip software download link?

CustomRide

I tried searching on roland's website and found all the other software downloads but could not find colorchoice rip download....trying to get a sc500 up and going and don't have the disk.

The SC500 can't be upgraded to run versaworks can it?

Thanks in advance for any replies!!:thankyou:

sfr table hockey

I have the ISO file for color choice 4.5 V2 (3.59 MB) which when you double click it, as long as you have nero to burn a disk it will prompt you to make the CD. Once that is done you load color choice on to your computer from that disk.

Not sure how the 3.59 MB file will email. If you have skype I think it goes a lot quicker using skype. Someone else may better know how best to do this.

I also can mail a version but that will take a week.

Let me know if I can help.

gdiegelman

not to sound like a broken record... but I also need it. Uninstalled and deleted it today thinking I could just get it back from rolands site, like I have in the past... only to find out that they took the link off about 5 months ago.. I have searched every possible place I can think of to download but can only find the updater. any help is very very very appreciated :)

sfr table hockey

I have the ISO file for color choice 4.5 V2 (3.59 MB) which when you double click it, as long as you have nero to burn a disk it will prompt you to make the CD. Once that is done you load color choice on to your computer from that disk.

Not sure how the 3.59 MB file will email. If you have skype I think it goes a lot quicker using skype. Someone else may better know how best to do this.

I also can mail a version but that will take a week.

Let me know if I can help.

Just an update: Sorry the ISO file does not work to email as it will not burn the disk like it should. The only option may be to get a disk mailed.

joseph T

Hi can you please email me the color choice file 5.4 as well thank you. My email is ezsigns123@yahoo.com So i have a sc500 , will it or wont it work with versa works software. Because right now im using flexi 10 and i can not get proper color correction prints at all. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

sfr table hockey

I would stay with Flexi as you can't add made profiles to Color Choice.

What ink are you using right now?

If you are using Roland inks you should be able to use the Roland profiles as well as you could get some profiles e-mailed to you.

Also what settings are you using for input and output profiles as well Rendering intent?

If you use other 3rd party inks you may have a harder time to get colors to match. Some 3rd party inks are very close and others not.

joseph T

I am using roland eco sol max inks the 440.I Had a roland tech email me some profiles he said that he had to modify them to work on my printer because after all it is about 8 yrs old.My rendering is perceptual, pure hue and my input profile is adobe rgb any information you have will be greatly appreciated thank you

sfr table hockey

I print all my stuff out of production manager. You should be able to set all your default setting there and you should be able to add profiles etc. as you need them I don't have flexi 10 so I am not sure if it will be the same as what I use. You may need to do this over the phone to go through things. Also there are a couple profiles that seem to work for most things that I could email you. One issue is what media you have to print on. Some will print better than others but if it's just a color issue then pick a matte finish media and test print on that one. Just changing profiles and settings can change color a lot, but using Rolands inks should be quite close with Roland profiles.

pr33d

Would you guys prefer colorchoice over flexi (7.6) for getting my colors right? I have a few profiles I use in flexi, but often with a green/blue tint to my prints. I don't have colorchoice so i can't compare myself. Thanks.

sfr table hockey

Would you guys prefer colorchoice over flexi (7.6) for getting my colors right? I have a few profiles I use in flexi, but often with a green/blue tint to my prints. I don't have colorchoice so i can't compare myself. Thanks.

You might have been better off to start a new thread to get more input. This was an older thread about the download.

Include what printer do you have, what ink are you using?

You will need profiles made if not using Roland inks and if so you will need flexi to add profiles. You can't make your own and add them to colorchoice, it won't accept them.

pr33d

You might have been better off to start a new thread to get more input. This was an older thread about the download.

Include what printer do you have, what ink are you using?

You will need profiles made if not using Roland inks and if so you will need flexi to add profiles. You can't make your own and add them to colorchoice, it won't accept them.

Ok, thank's for your answer. I'll start a separate thread instead. (Btw i use and old sc500 - ecosol max from roland, flexi 7.6 and a bunch of old profiles from the previous owner of the machine, but i don't really like how they handle greys etc)

mrdummy

Here FlexiSign 8 software. Can read the color profiles which is used by ColorChoice, confirmed the colors are still same.

And ColorChoice is very old software, and not very friendly compared to Flexisign.
The cut part is much easier in Flexisign. I won't go back to ColorChoice.

Please use Flexisign, it's better and easier. And read more file formats too!