• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does your sign company have a website?

Does Your Company Have a Website?

• Yes

Votes: 172 80.4%
  • No

Votes: 42 19.6%

• Total voters

Ken

Interesting to know that ,of those that have a website:
Has it generated any business?
Has it been viewed at all?
How have you made your web presence known?
All comments welcome...
Thanks...Ken

gvgraphics

We have one. It gets about 5-10 views a day. Yes it does bring in business mostly large quantity jobs that have to be shipped. As far as making it known, we advertise it on all are print ads and frequently submit it to the search engines. You just have to make sure you set all your meta tags and so on correctly so the search engines can read them.

Sean

Jillbeans

Mine's just a DIY GoDaddy one, but it has brought in a lot of work!
I use it as an online portfolio.
Love....Jill

Steve G.

Ours is about the same as Jill's. (Very Nice site, by the way jill)

Basic, done by us, mainly an online portfolio.

We Get a lot of hits, but it helps us in a few ways.

Time saver for someone who calls and has no Idea what they want.
Provides a first impression, and gives the client some confidence in us.
I don't think it fetches many new customers, but definately helps with the sale.

SignManiac

My companies would not be here today if not for the internet and my websites. I won't even deal with other business's today unless they have a web presence. The times they are a changing.

Ogriv

I have one that is quite simple as well. I use it to display my contact information , as well as a little portfolio. I am not trying to reach potential customers in the next state, I only use it as a tool to close the deal. You know what I mean, when you almost have that potential customer ready to sign the order form, but they just need a little more confidence in what you can do. It's so much more professional than pulling out a handfull of polaroids and saying look through these. I have also had a good response from customers that I had given a business card to and they had time to view my online samples before actually sitting down with me to work out an order.

Link to -> Done Wright Graphics

Last edited:

gbahue

Our site is an important part of our marketing effort. I reduced our Yellow Page ad from half page to a 1" block. Put the money into maximizing site views. Its been very good. Two books to read:
Search Engine Optimization for Dummies and building your business with google for dummies. I usually bristle at the "for dummies" series but the SEO book was the best $16 that I ever spent on my business.
Make sure people can find you on Goog.

www.expressign.com

greg

mystysue

We have the domain name for our company and have been working on the site.. but its not up yet.. lol.. Those pesty customers have been keeping us too busy for us to have the time to do it..
Greg.. we actually also have a hotmail email too and believe it or not.. most of our customer prefer that one as its easy to remember..
When we first got the business it took us about 2 months to get internet service at the shop, the past owner didnt like the web (he thought he would get viruses and loose all his work).
I don't know if the web site will ever bring in much work when its done, as I am thinking it will be more of an online info and portfolio page then an sales page (our prices will never be the lowest on the web type of thing).
My partner in crime before we got the business was a web master for 5,000 plus web sites and knows alot about SEO, but It seems to me that alot of people that are looking on the web for signs and such are just looking where they can get the cheapest.. donno.. if that is right or not.

Doyle

Mine is also used as a tool for potential customers. I am not trying to get hits from search engines and internet marketing, but I do list the web address on everything and encourage potential customers to look and see what we do, and how well we do it. I also list the address in my yellowpages ad and many first-time customers will go on the site first, then call me.

Flame

I have one. I rarely get time to work on it, so it's rather incomplete. I only get about 60-200 hits a day though.... sometimes only like 20. One of these days I'm just going to hire a web guru to do everything for me, but until then.........:beer

Oh yeah, and having a website has REALLY helped. Even if it's just my contact info on there, it brings in business!!!

Mardi

We have "under construction" page that has been there for ever. We added a link to our temporaru web presence on merchants circle that allow us to upload pictures and show some of our work.

Actual web site has became a priority and we are narrowing down search for a company that is going to produce it. Should be up and running in 60-90 days so we hope.

gvgraphics

I have one. I rarely get time to work on it, so it's rather incomplete. I only get about 60-200 hits a day though.... sometimes only like 20. One of these days I'm just going to hire a web guru to do everything for me, but until then.........:beer

Oh yeah, and having a website has REALLY helped. Even if it's just my contact info on there, it brings in business!!!

Just so everybody understands, 60-200 hits a day dosn't mean "views" most of your hits are spiders and trackers that scan your site for search engines or to pull web address for email. Thats where most of your spam comes from. When I posted my info above I was talking about views. We get 2-3 new views a day and the rest are repeats. If you know how to watch your stats and can understand what they are saying you will see all this info.
I just wanted to help you all understand how the web works. For the ones that need help with your site PM me as I may be able to work with you on getting your site acomplished.

Sean

drakesis

Mine's also used as a tool to show what we do, and how well we do it. Most times its our customers first impression before they call or even meet us!

tmac

I mainly use mine to post proofs on it, that way my customers can look at their proofs without worrying about what type of file I send them. They can also see a sample of different work.I do find it hard to update it sometimes...jandtdesigns.com

436HENRY

My simple web site

I have a very simple web site I use this site to sell some of the items that I make I use frontpage and do it my self lots of fun and gets great orders Check out www.henrygoines.com I posted on how I work my site a while back at web design simple and it works Henry G

Craig Sjoquist

yes have had 2 for almost 2 years now ..it only cost me $10 per mth per website ...built the site with a web builder host supplies, also lets me know how many vist per week plus if someone buys thru my site I earn $1 per mth for each ... it's a simple has 10 mb room if I learn how on html can create and use ... anyway since door knocking these days and looking at a picture profile takes alot of time with little results compared to the 70s n 80s ..I just hand them a card and use the website for portfolio with better results...also consider a website like the cell phone a must need in this world even for just local business....in fact I just started a new website to work on ..through MSN $5 to start free hosting till ? for now .... so no excuse for those who want to start a website nows the time ..thats 2 low cost ways ..plus know a few other ways .. any questions just ask me will help ..... thank you n enjoy life