• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dongle error

Billct2

:help: When sending a file to the Edge, I often get a dongle error which say the computer "doesn't see the dongle and should it try again or go to demo mode".
I hit no again and again to it goes back to normal, or I have to restart.
This seems to have started happening after I upgraded to Omego & XP.

Marekdlux

I was having this same problem. I had to do something with Rainbow Config. When I get home today I will check my email for the solution I was given.
-Marek

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Check the Rainbow Sentinel Driver Config. It should be set so that the only port marked Yes is the port where the dongle is plugged into. If that doesn't fix it, then the next best possibility is that it is Windows XP Service Pack 2 related.

Dale Horn

Check that the power is always on for the USB ports in the control panel. Power manangement can turn the usb port off so the software can't find it's dongle. :glasses:

airbrushkarin

I got an error like this too with my p2c know it is not the same as a great edge however I found that I solved it by changing to USB2 and not just the USB port. not a problem since I did that.