• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dot Pattern with EDGE

David Snider

Not sure if this is possible or not.

I have 96 inches of a 7 inch stripe that needs to fade from say 5% to 100%.

In the attached picture you can see the dot pattern of the original stripe and the pattern the Edge is currently putting out. I know I can switch to classical dot but with the fade it breaks it down to wide bands of gradients. I need the stripe to start out like the original sample and gradiate to solid but with the starting pattern to look like it does in the pic.

Any suggestions or input.

Attachments

• stripe pattern.jpg
    stripe pattern.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 191

Billct2

Try some samples with the different dot patterns available.
try 4edgetalk.com for more advice

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Lowering the LPI will make your halftone dots larger and help eliminate banding in the fade. Try GerberTone Long for the halftone setting.

_SAi_

I am pretty sure there is no way to control the EDGE's dot pattern like that. From what I remember, the dots and spaces are always equal. It look like your customer's dot pattern has small dots and larger spaces in between.

If you choose Classical Dot, use something lower than 65 LPI to omit the banding in the fade. I find 70 LPI is good for halftones in small logos but not for any kind of fade.

a2p geoz

David,

It might be of help to print out this chart I made years ago. This should allow you to clearly see the various dot sizes & relative colour percentages.

Rename & remove the ".txt" extension (couldn't attach the file otherwise).

Regards,

George Zerbino

Attachments

• edgetone.plt.txt
    103.2 KB · Views: 146

Skeezix

can't seem to open but really want to

David,

It might be of help to print out this chart I made years ago. This should allow you to clearly see the various dot sizes & relative colour percentages.

Rename & remove the ".txt" extension (couldn't attach the file otherwise).

Regards,

George Zerbino

Lindsay

Try this Rob
Download and save the file. Don't change the file name.
Open My Computer go to Tools/Folder options/ click on view tab.
Untick " Hide extensions for known file types"
Click apply/ok.
Go to the file and remove the .txt from the name.
Click yes on the "rename" warning.

The file is now a plt file instead of a text file.

I just imported in to Flexi but I think you may be able to open in Omega.Don't have Omega so I'm not sure there.

Lindsay

iSign

Thanks George.
DL'd it last week... finally printed it tonight!

Attachments

• EDGEHALFTONES.jpg
    EDGEHALFTONES.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 110