• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Double Cuts

gabagoo

Just caught my Summa cutting a print twice. Every so often I catch it doing this, so I opened the file we ran and I am deleting the contour cut expecting to see a duplicate but nothing there. I even tried uncompounding, separating the contour cut, but there seems to be no duplicate cut lines...what gives?

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Are you using a stroked line, or full shape file for the cut path? Using lines with a stroke, sometimes the stroke gets expanded and reads as two cut lines. I've had that issue at least once with every cutter/ software I've ever used, they'll just do it out of the blue occasionally, no rhyme or reason. I usually use a shape file with no stroke for cuts to avoid that issue. Even had a problem with that, one file recently had a .1 stroke that I didn't realize was there, it expanded and compounded with the shape and cut twice.

gabagoo

No stroke lines...but even if there were I did uncompound the cutline to see if I could separate it into 2 pieces but no go. One of life's mysteries

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What software are you creating it in and what are you using for a rip ?? Evidently, someone or some short cut is turned on and you don't know about it for some reason. Basically these machines do what they are told and somewhere along the line you repeat this mistake, if it is happening from time to time as you said.

signheremd

I have usually found this to happen when you have multiple objects with cuts grouped in separate clusters. The system sees all contour cuts as on one layer, but grouping objects and having more than one group seems to lead the file to process as having a double cut on some things. We get this the most when we design in Illustrator and then open the file in Flexi. Sometimes I have to Ungroup, Move or Remove Contour Cuts, and then Ungroup again to find the hidden cut.