• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Double Sided Banners

149motorsports

Can anyone recommend me someone who can do double sided 3x5ft 13oz banners. Hemmed, grommets?
Signs365, will only offer me the 18oz. need to get a quote for 100 plus.

Thanks

myront

CorelDRAW is best
13oz. will likely have the image bleed thru to the other side i.e. you'd see a little of side A on the B side. All our double-sided are 18oz.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That's why I asked. 18oz generally has a blockout built into it to prevent images from telegraphing through. 13oz does not and is basically useless for a double-sided banner, unless it's hanging inside with very little light behind it.

rjssigns

I hope you didn't receive one of those email scams? - Just saying 100 2 sided banners is common with those lol
Geez you're not very trusting are you? Those banners could be for the Make A Wish foundation.....in Zimbabwe....for the....ummmm emperor or something. Yeah, that sounds about right.

149motorsports

No this is a legit order lol.. I have never had a request for double sided banner so I was just looking for some information. the company is giving these away so that is why they said whatever is the cheapest.

Any other recommendations . Thanks all.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You will be better off doing it correctly than using 13oz. If you take him figuratively, why not use 100lb offset paper ?? It's cheaper, yet ??

18oz is for double sided, not 13oz. Plain and simple.

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
Can anyone recommend me someone who can do double sided 3x5ft 13oz banners. Hemmed, grommets?

Thanks
There are some lighter weight blockout banner materials out there. Herculite Bantex is one. We use a smooth (no scrim) material from Fellers - Suave. I'm not sure what wholesalers would carry these, and if that would even save you any money. I have found Indy Imaging to be a little less cost on double sided banners.

149motorsports

You will be better off doing it correctly than using 13oz. If you take him figuratively, why not use 100lb offset paper ?? It's cheaper, yet ??

18oz is for double sided, not 13oz. Plain and simple.

BECAUSE it's what the client wants. I don't have a say.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ya know what, then just print them out like your customer wants and be done with it. Not making fun of ya, but since when does a customer order the wrong thing...... and you produce it like a robot, without telling them, it's wrong and shouldn't be done ?? Who's in control here..... or are you that desperate for the order ?? Ya just need to find a hack who will do it. Anyone in their right mind will tell ya the same thing..... it shouldn't be done.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
We have a thin double sided blockout banner we use. Feels about the same weight as our 13oz but it could be maybe 15oz. It is not labeled but the local distributor sells it as 13oz. Matt finished and smooth on both sides, we use it in roll up banner stands and for floor to ceiling displays at some of the car dealers (Lexus), does not curl like the regular 13oz. Kind of pricey so it wouldn't be what the OP needs.

rjssigns

I don't even think you can print on the back of 13oz can you? you'd have to double it up anyway.
It can be done. I used to do it for the occasional just need it for the weekend throw away. They turned out okay, but not as nice as 18oz blockout with two smooth sides.

Used to do double sided with my Roland. Never tried with my Mutoh..hmmm.

Bill DiStasio

Thanks
Anley.com. Anley Flags. I stubbled onto them from a Google search. I ordered 4 3'x6' double sided flags in my first order because they were only $30 each. Came in less than a couple weeks. I had no idea how awesome these would be at that price. Sure enough they came in three layers. The two outside layers are sublimated and absolutely beautiful. The inside layer helps so it's not see through in the light. These are fabric, triple stitched, full color with a white fabric on the edge with brass grommets. I splurged and got the 20$ 6' chrome poles too. I will never go anywhere else. I can send pics. They fly in front of my retail store every day and are the first thing my customers see!

10sacer

You can print two-sided on 13 oz with a RTR UV printer.
Duratex makes a two-sided smooth banner material that works with all three ink types. I think it is 15 oz.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
We do loads of double sided banners. 13 oz or 12 oz blockout is the best way to go...std 13oz bleeds and is not opaque.