• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Double Sided Blockout Banner

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
Had a customer specifically request this for a job next week - we don't carry it, so we're looking to order some material. Any recommendations on this? I know we need at least 15 oz material, and gloss both sides. Banner size is 36" x 8", so we're looking at 38" rolls. We don't get very many banner jobs over 36" anyway.

We're looking at 2 options right now, but would definately be open to more suggestions from you;

US Banner 18 oz. 2-Sided Blockout

and

Key Banner 15 oz. 2-Sided Blockout

Thanks in advance,
Jon

housemusikid

Had a customer specifically request this for a job next week - we don't carry it, so we're looking to order some material. Any recommendations on this? I know we need at least 15 oz material, and gloss both sides. Banner size is 36" x 8", so we're looking at 38" rolls. We don't get very many banner jobs over 36" anyway.

We're looking at 2 options right now, but would definately be open to more suggestions from you;

US Banner 18 oz. 2-Sided Blockout

and

Key Banner 15 oz. 2-Sided Blockout

Thanks in advance,
Jon

Key Banner 15 oz. 2-Sided Blockout and reinforce the grommets/corners.

FatCat

I personally do not like the 15 oz. Key blockout. It prints very chalky/washed out vs. the regular Key banner 13 oz material. Also, even though they rate it as a 15 oz. material, I have more faith in the regular 13 oz as this stuff feels more like wet paper than banner material.

*If you really need a reliable, heavy duty, double sided blockout banner material the Bantex 18 oz. can't be beat.

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
LG UltraSmooth is 14oz, double-sided, blockout and comes in 39" roll width.

Its not gloss, but give sexcellent prints from both our former 72UVR and our current IonX

Rydaddy

I personally do not like the 15 oz. Key blockout. It prints very chalky/washed out vs. the regular Key banner 13 oz material. Also, even though they rate it as a 15 oz. material, I have more faith in the regular 13 oz as this stuff feels more like wet paper than banner material.

*If you really need a reliable, heavy duty, double sided blockout banner material the Bantex 18 oz. can't be beat.

Triple Ditto on all of this.

Signvertise

We use the HP Durable Frontlit Banner - produce 96"x30" pole banners for the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, so you know it images well. It is also super-durable. Have not yet had a banner rip and most of the other banner materials we used had that trouble because of high winds downtown RVA.