• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Double sided decal

Drip Dry

Can someone get me started with either step by step or point me to
a help file somewhere that can do a double sided decal.

I don't have an idea of where to start but I do know I need:

The print to go on the inside of the glass. It needs to be read correctly
on both sides.
I know I need to print one image in reverse... lay down a layer of gray or white and then print the image again normally.
BUT HOW !!

I've searched here.... in the help files of composer and at 4edgetalk
I'm using composer 2.6

Thanks for any help

-Clueless

stevesign

You need to print the image in reverse, onto clear self adhesive, and then print a separate decal on white self adhesive.

Applicate the white decal on top of the clear decal.

Voila, one double sided glass decal.

Steve

stevesign

Or.....

Or, as you are using an edge, you can print reverse onto clear, and then flood coat in white, and then print on top.

Steve

signage

Maybe Bob Gilland will chime in here and post what he had posted over on 4edgetalk, I can not seem to locate it anymore!

Bob if you have that info could you possibly post it here on signs 101? TIA

One thing I have found out from using Signlab do do this is a white silver white seems to produce the best! If you use black tou need to double print the white!

I think it would be design as a regular graphic print the first one in reverse then resend the job as normal but this is only a guess at this time! What version of composer are you using?

Last edited:

Drip Dry

Or, as you are using an edge, you can print reverse onto clear, and then flood coat in white, and then print on top.

Steve

OK, so how do I do this ?

Do I set this up in design ? Do I create the original image in reverse, then
lay a layer of white, and finally lay a copy of the image on top of that ?
Do I then send the package to the plotter ?
Or, do I send the single image to the 123 plotter window and set it up there somehow ?

Maybe Bob Gilland will chime in here and post what he had posted over on 4edgetalk, I can not seem to locate it anymore!

Bob if you have that info could you possibly post it here on signs 101? TIA

Seems that Bob hasn't been here for about a month.
I checked over at 4edgetalk and it seems that all the archives have been lost

The Equipment Guy

Some of your questions might be more easily answered if you post the layout. Just the single side so people can see what you are dealing with. A job with many foils vs. a job with only a single colour can be a different creature. It was also asked what version of Omega, you said composer 2.6 I assume you meant Omega 2.6?

I am sure that you will get there. You are asking on 2 good forums.

Craig

Bob Gilliland

Thanks for the heads up

I no longer invest the time into forums as I have in the past but do consider signs101 to be the best all around sign forum and drop-in from time to time; however, the occasions are very sporadic and unpredictable.

I’ll need to do some digging to find, and then reformat and upload for s101, the above mentioned post from another forum. It appears that a wealth of information that was contributed by many from that other site has gone missing, YET AGAIN, and may never see the light of a monitor again. This is part of the reason I, and others, stopped publically participating on that site some time ago.

I will say that things are much easier today with recent versions of Omega and even easier yet with SignLab. Hopefully the re-post will help with concepts if nothing else. Look for something in the next day or two.

J Hill Designs

Do I set this up in design ? Do I create the original image in reverse, then
lay a layer of white, and finally lay a copy of the image on top of that ?
Do I then send the package to the plotter ?

I would do it this way - make sure everything is overprinting...it simply requires a little 'theory' as to what colors are being layed down in which order...in my version of omega, foil colors need to be on the same 'level', so I would have to have my second layer (the forward, not mirror, design) set to different color, like if it needed to be black, use pink or some color that isn't part of the design, and just put in a black foil cart when it asks for pink, etc...

hope that made at least a little bit of sense, it is monday after all...

Tony Teveris

You can watch Dana do his magic in Omega 3.0 with this vid.

He started with a 2 side template.

http://screencast.com/t/ZDBlY2FhOWMt

Remember to reverse your BACK decal text if you do change the text. When you change text It will flip back to its non-flipped state.

He designed with layers in Composer, Then he outputs by layer in GSPPlot.

This job includes 3 “color insulation” middle colors. He uses Floodcoat white, Olympic blue and floodcoat white.

Substitute whatever text you want

royster13

How many do you need?.....At a certain point, screen printing may be required to keep your price competitive....

Tel

I just lie to Omega, do the first layer mirrored then overprint a flood coat of your choice of colour then overprint the normal layer on top, but if it is to be the same colour as the first layer lie to Omega and use a different colour, but of course when asked for the foil by the edge put in the colour you want. I suppose its obvious that this is done on clear vinyl, the only layer not overprinting is the first layer and if using a black flood coat and say white text I double print the white.
I use these for push pull signs on glass doors, works great.
regards
Tel

Drip Dry

Thanks to everyone for the input

Thanks sinage and Tony for the links. I'm getting the idea of how to accomplish this.
Tony, can I do this in version 2.6 or are you giving me a reason to upgrade.
If so, I should have done it with some of the deals they offered in the past.

The quantity is low, so I don't think I can screen it, and besides, I would like
to learn how to do it.

Thanks