• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Double-sided solvent paper

MikeD

I use a paper from Sihl 3686 TriSolv Premium Paper that is coated on 1 side...Maybe they can help you with a dbl sided paper.
Good Luck!

dypinc

Have you checked out 10mil or 14mil Blox-Lite?

Works great for double sided printing on the L25500. But maybe to thick for your needs.

Sticky Signs

Your gonna have a helluva time trying to find it, whats the application?

Yeah that's what I figured. This particular application would be a double sided map that would be used on a tv show. I would have to be able to fold it up like a map too. And of course, they would like something thin like a real map would be.
I always get a kick out of these "tv" people. I've often said that the camera will never pick up the fact that the paper is a little thicker than usual. They come back with "it's also for the actors" and I think to myself - You're getting paid to act. Act like the paper is thiner than it actually is!

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Yeah that's what I figured. This particular application would be a double sided map that would be used on a tv show. I would have to be able to fold it up like a map too. And of course, they would like something thin like a real map would be.
I always get a kick out of these "tv" people. I've often said that the camera will never pick up the fact that the paper is a little thicker than usual. They come back with "it's also for the actors" and I think to myself - You're getting paid to act. Act like the paper is thiner than it actually is!

Hmmm you could use a thin tyvek or you could print on a light weight fabric so you could fold it easily. I would do a dye sub fabric, is it the same image fromt and back?

Sticky Signs

Not sure what the image would be. Probably something different on both sides though. I'm thinking of printing on blueback paper (it's pretty thin) and than sticking it together.

Mike F

Not sure what the image would be. Probably something different on both sides though. I'm thinking of printing on blueback paper (it's pretty thin) and than sticking it together.

Sorry to go offtopic, but is that the Roland blueback matte paper you're referring to? If so, how is it? Was thinking of ordering some.

Sticky Signs

I'm not sure, but I think all the blue backs are manufactured by the same company (Johny Red or something or other) and relabelled. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
This particular stuff comes from a company called Pony graphics here in Canada. Print quality is ok and dark colours tend to take a bit of time to dry but it is super cheap. It's great for cheapo short term outdoor stuff as long as your comfortable working with wallpaper paste. Just soak the paper with water, roll some glue onto the surface and some on the paper and slap it down. Carefull though, it seems to stretch quite a bit after it's been soaked. Both horizontally and vertically.
Here's a few shots of some stuff I did for the show Smallville a few years back. they actually last outdoors for a ridiculously long time. We start rolling varnish on them to help protect them and they just seemed to last forever. These sets have since been torn down.

Attachments

• IMG_0144.jpg
    IMG_0144.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0147.jpg
    IMG_0147.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0153.jpg
    IMG_0153.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 117

VISCOM

I have a question on the Blox-Lite product... I'm using a Epson GS6000 and the ink does not want to dry for me ... using all kind of heat settings Help !!!

I have a question on the Blox-Lite product... I'm using a Epson GS6000 and the ink does not want to dry for me ... using all kind of heat settings Help !!!

The Blox-Lite media does not image well with any solvent ink that I know of, and Converd does not recommend solvent ink with this product. Latex and UV-Curing inks work well with it.