• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Drill bit for stone facade.

We’re installing a LED sign cabinet on a building with a stone facade. Concrete drill bit with hammer drill won’t touch it. Neither will a masonry bit. Any recommendations to get into really hard stone?

TIA.

30” x 8’ cabinet going above the awning.

Attachments

• EB6BD31D-ED6F-410F-87FE-1D13C82C7F7C.jpeg
    EB6BD31D-ED6F-410F-87FE-1D13C82C7F7C.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 134

Moze

Precision Sign Services

This....

SDS drill with a rebar cutting bit. SDS have way more power than a hammer drill.

....and this.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
Go rent a good commercial hammer drill.
Put a real percussion bit in it

If you were closer, i would loan you what you need

We drill a 1" hole 12" deep in 40 year old concrete in 90 seconds

We did work for johnson & johnson back in 1984, they used this horrible black tile, worst thing we ever drilled, and we drilled HUNDREDS OF 3/4" holes. (we sharpened bits on site)

GB2

Old Member
It looks like there is plenty of mortar to go through if you don't want to drill the rocks. Are you through bolting this cabinet?

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
As others have said, it almost has more to do with the drill than the bit. Get an sds drill for your toolbox. You'll never regret it.

If you already use a good battery system (dewalt, makita, etc) get a bare tool sds. You'll love it!