• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dry erase material that looks like a chalkboard?

Jillbeans

I've made white dry erase signs for years, but a good client has just requested a dry erase menu board which looks like a chalkboard but you use "chalk pens" to write on it? But it's not a chalkboard.

I'd like to help them out but not sure WTF they are talking about or where to get such a thing.
Any info would be appreciated.
Love....Jill

showcase 66

At ISA I talked to the Rtape place that has chalk talk. They recommend using the chalk pens if it is intended for a menu. Cleans up just like chalk and is way more legible then regular chalk would be.
http://www.rtape.com/chalktalk
I have some samples of it and it seems to work really well.

Jillbeans

I'm thinking that last link might be what she was describing.
But where to get it somewhat locally?
Thanks for the info!

signswi

Oooo NeoChalk pens look cool! So just chalkboard vinyl/spray and upsell them on the pens!

You could try that on some businesses but most teachers or restauranters are paperbombed by direct mail marketing catalogs selling this kind of thing not much above wholesale.

MikePro

"Bit those pens work on real cardboard, to the best of my knowledge only THESE work on the vinyl cardboard material"

Jillbeans

Just saw an ad for it in SOT, FDC makes it.
Talked to my Glantz guy and he's going to look up the details for me.
It's amazing what baking some cookies will do for ya.