• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Drytac Jet Mount Laminator

Chad.

I just got off the phone with my local rep, who cut me an "OK" deal, but gave me 2 weeks to think about it while they upgrade the firmware in the machines. Just wondering who owns one and their opinion on it. I need a laminator rather soon, and $4,000 is my rough budget ... but i was refered by my local sign shop, just looking for feedback on those who own one.

Thanks

gabagoo

I have a Drytac jet laminator 54" . It's the first laminator I have ever bought. I have laminated very few things using it as I am fairly new to digital printing, but have been in the sign biz for almost 20 years. I am waiting for Drytac to have a seminar (the Canadian plant is very close to me) for training as I inevitably screw up almost everytime I have tried. Training must be very necessary with this machine as I just don't get it.lol

I find that getting the tension correct is very important and I have no idea how to achieve that yet. I usually need lots of extra prints made to get the total I really need.

I invested in the big squeegee to get me by until I learn how to use the damn thing. Hope the seminar comes soon.

I not sure if this helps you as I have never used any other laminator and can't say for sure if this unit is any good. It was a lot cheaper than the Royal Sovereigns I checked out, but like you I was tapped and just didn't want to spend the extra $2500.00

RJ California

Have you looked at the Daige brand cold laminators. I have the Daige 3 54" model. I've had decent luck with it, especially after upgrading it to their newer belt system about 8 months ago.

The new Daige 4 looks like a better built machine. I may get one so I can have a laminator for both cast and calandered laminates.

You can get a 54" Daige 4 for under $2000.

Chad.

The Daige looks and feels like a toy to me, I need something reliable that does work using basically rubber bands. While i agree the new daige 4 does look like a better machine, i have heard too many bad things about the previous three models.

Blazingsun

I saw the diage 4 at the atlantic city show, and it looked to be a pretty good machine, it just doesn't have the fancy options like some of the more expensive machines.

Graphics2u

Drytac

I have a JM43 and my only regret is that I didn't get a 54". I've had it a year. I don't use it a ton but it works great! Very well built and heavy duty. I had a daige for a year prior to buying this one, and it worked but it is just not a production laminator. It worked great for mounting prints and i stil use it today for that but I'm really happy I got the Drytac.

I was checking out the price of a 54" the other day and list is 4495. Ithink they have gone up in price alot in the last year. I think I could have bought that one last May for 3295. Wish I would have, it would be nice to be able to have the extra width. Oh well, Live and Learn.

I would definately recomend the Drytac. But get the big one if you can afford it.

Graphics2u

Have you looked at the Daige brand cold laminators. I have the Daige 3 54" model. I've had decent luck with it, especially after upgrading it to their newer belt system about 8 months ago.

The new Daige 4 looks like a better built machine. I may get one so I can have a laminator for both cast and calandered laminates.

You can get a 54" Daige 4 for under $2000.

What was the update to the belt system?

Chad.

the 54" is what i am looking for as i have the sp-540v printer. I dropped into their corporate HQ showroom last week and was given the "Scoop" on the 54 Jetmounter and why the price has crept up. They have completely retrofit machine over the past year putting in beefier motors, bearing, and increasing the safety aspect. I wish i could have seen it operate, but they were all ripped apart being worked on by techs. As far as the daige goes, i want something more heavy duty. I plan on using my lamintor for hours a day.

The list price is $4495, that include only 2 supply shafts. I did my research online and think i struck a decent deal ... 54" Jetmounter, Stand, 4 Supply Shafts, 54in Roll Cast Laminate, 54in Roll Cal. Laminate, 54in Roll of Mouting adhesive, Footpedal... $4180 (and i can pick it up cause their HQ is an hour away)

I just wanted to make sure i have all my T's crossed and i's dotted before make my final decision.

Thanks for your wisdom.

I have a JM43 and my only regret is that I didn't get a 54". I've had it a year. I don't use it a ton but it works great! Very well built and heavy duty. I had a daige for a year prior to buying this one, and it worked but it is just not a production laminator. It worked great for mounting prints and i stil use it today for that but I'm really happy I got the Drytac.

I was checking out the price of a 54" the other day and list is 4495. Ithink they have gone up in price alot in the last year. I think I could have bought that one last May for 3295. Wish I would have, it would be nice to be able to have the extra width. Oh well, Live and Learn.

I would definately recomend the Drytac. But get the big one if you can afford it.

Fabritech

Hello everyone, I am thinking about purchasing a Drytac JetMount JM63 laminator. It appears to be a very nice machine for the price. Does anyone have any experience with this unit? I have found very little info about it on the web.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
I have a Drytac jet laminator 54" . It's the first laminator I have ever bought. I have laminated very few things using it...

I invested in the big squeegee to get me by until I learn how to use the damn thing. Hope the seminar comes soon...

I have a JM43...I don't use it a ton but it works great!
I'd get a feel for how much I was going to use it before investing heavy into it. The economy is pretty iffy at best and that extra payment may lay pretty heavy on your budget somewhere down the line.

The Big Squeegee will do the job for you. It will give you a feel for how much you will actually use a laminator. Gabagoo has had his for some time now. You've had it about a year haven't you?

The Big Squeegee will increase your free time to pursue more work or go fishing.

Wow! I didn't realize how old the original post was. Gabagoo has had the Big Squeege since before Jan 07....lol