• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Dust/lint on print

I run some mutoh printers, and I am finding it next to impossible to not have lint fly in onto the media and then ruining some print jobs if there are enough. Is there a ribbon or something similar I can put across to keep lint off? Or maybe a brush that goes across it all?

Do other printer manufacturers have solutions to fix this if I were to upgrade to a new printer?

Thanks in advance!

2B

sounds like static build up.
It is not the printer, but more of an issue of where the printer is and what is around the printer and print media.

we have a "print room" the printer is in an enclosed, climate-controlled area that we clean regularly and have an appropriate humidity/temperature in that area

TimToad

I run some mutoh printers, and I am finding it next to impossible to not have lint fly in onto the media and then ruining some print jobs if there are enough. Is there a ribbon or something similar I can put across to keep lint off? Or maybe a brush that goes across it all?

Do other printer manufacturers have solutions to fix this if I were to upgrade to a new printer?

Thanks in advance!

How clean is your shop?

How bad is static in your shop?

How does the media get loaded to where it's exposed in order to get dust and lint falling on it?

If its coming off a roll, it should be pretty clean as its feeding into the printer.

We vacuum the entire shop almost every day, use Swiffer dusters on the front end of the exposed media and the flat areas of the printer that could pick up dust from above. We also have some very low nap doormat type rugs on the floor behind and in front of the printer that absorb the static from our shoes.

wleong

I don’t have the dust on print problem but it seems every time I mount vinyl on anything, I invariably will get a speck or two in between. How do I prevent that from happening?

MikePro

control your environment. clean area = less dust. higher humidity = less static. dirty printer = dirty prints
most of the time, the culprit is in your printer....dust builds-up on surfaces over time, and gets knocked loose by moving parts & airflow. Areas on your printer, such as your printhead carriage/belt-area, is worth wiping-down every so often with a microfiber rag or vacuum'd out, and you'll see very little (if any) instances of print contamination.

netsol

invest in a couple good humidifiers
you will find that sweet spot where the static is minimized but the room is still comfortable