• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Eco Solvent Ink Dryer

rydods

Member for quite some time.
My goal is to speed up drying time, preferably be able to laminate right away. I have 2 eco-solvent roland printers.
Does anybody have or know of a drying unit? I've seen several online but I'm curious to know if any work for immediate lamination after printing.
This really isn't meant to start a debate about out gassing myths or facts. :)

Thanks in advance!

rjssigns

If you're on a budget a couple quartz tube space heaters will work. I've done it. They have small fans in them so you get infrared heat with air circulation.

Can check into auto body supply shops too. Should have all kinds of infrared heaters on stands.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Basically, solvent inks are no different than solvent screen inks or solvent paint. It simply needs air movement. Set up a rack and put a fan on it and lay them flat, if you can, like a screen printers rack. We do it all the time, but not so we can laminate any faster, just to help cure the inks faster. The heat notion comes in to play from baked surfaces. Heated air makes for faster evaporation time so, heated air blowing over the prints will work even better. If you overheat with those lamps and things, you could cause more damage than just pre-laminating.