• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Electro-Pounce Question

HillSignDesign

Good Afternoon:

I have contacted some vendors, but they have not replied. So, I am looking to you for some help. Can you tell me if the tip/needle for the Electro-Pounce Jr. is the same as the tip/needle for the Electro-Pounce Sr, or are they different. I don't see the Jr. for sale anymore.

Thank you,

TW

J Hill Designs

pff this thing has been here since i been here - 11+ years

Attachments

• 062512132822.jpg
    062512132822.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 187

SignosaurusRex

You can also cut the head off of a small finishing nail, round off the tip a bit with a file and use that as a new needle. Works just fine.

round man

+1 SignosaurusRex
I have used both for many decades and we just went to the hardware and bought some small finishing nails for 69 cents and used those and they worked great

HillSignDesign

Thanks to all. And now another question. Would any of you be willing to share a picture of the steel that you use with the Electro-Pounce. How you mounted it, and especially how you have it grounded. I understand more quickly by seeing, that's why a picture would be most helpful. Thanks again.

TW

J Hill Designs

just clip the ground wire to any sheet metal (my ground wire has a gator clip on the end) -- I used to have a big 3'x10' wall mounted piece of sheet metal, but repurposed it...now I just pull out a 2'x3' steel blank and set it on the table whenever I need to use my electric pencil

HillSignDesign

So the alligator clip on the metal is connected to the machine itself, instead of something else? I was imagining my breaker box in the garage with the ground wire in the ground. Sorry, I'm not normally this slow, but I am older so it takes me a bit longer to understand. That's why I'm visual. Am I understanding correctly?

SignosaurusRex

Take the wire with the alligator clip on the end and attach (clip) to your sheet metal, plug in your Electro pounce, turn it on, put your paper to be pounced on the sheet metal.......ready to go. You can use bare sheet metal of any type including galvanized steel.

signage

You guys are no fun:rolleyes: Clip alagator clip to yourself:omg: then turn on and try to pounch (or is that you will pounch/jump):Big Laugh

HillSignDesign

Pounce machine arrived today. There is no ground wire connected. Do I attach it to the screw in the back? What gauge should the wire be?

Thanks again,

TW

Attachments

• 100_7190.jpg
    100_7190.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 323