• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Emails continually get bounced back from one customer

gabagoo

Anybody know why just about every email I send to one of my customers gets bounced back at least 85% of the time? I try sending a second time and for the most part they get through but they can bounce back as well. They say I am the only one who has this problem, yet I don't have this issue with other companies...in fact they get bounced back from just about anyone in the company I send them to.....very annoying.

Is there a fix?

ams

I believe it's on their side. I know certain companies can email out, but often cannot receive. Sometimes insurance companies, often they go to spam or get caught in a filter. Also some state and government emails get filtered. I do know a popular financial company, every single email they get, it gets routed to a certain department and they screen and read every email and if deemed ok, they forward it.

WildWestDesigns

As was mentioned, more then likely on their end. Especially if it doesn't matter who it is sent to at the business.

Fix would have to be done on their end, but it might be a legit IT reason why that is an "issue" though.

TimToad

Have you tried calling them on the phone to find out if there is a problem or to confirm that your messages are being received?

Johnny Best

Make a new email account using google, yahoo, excite and send it out using your new email account to them and see if it bounces back. It probably is on their end but you are not going to be able to change that for them. Or maybe you are on their spam list.

ikarasu

What's the message that gets bounced back day? Usually it'll give it an error or say why it wasn't delivered... Whether it was rejected, couldn't find the host, too big of a file size... Etc.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
If you could cut & paste the bounce message here we might have a better idea. Usually there are specific error codes which denote why it was bounced.
I deal with this sort of thing nearly daily.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I would suspect that their email filters are stopping it from being delivered. Sometimes they will not accept HTML emails or emails from certain domains etc.

gabagoo

What's the message that gets bounced back day? Usually it'll give it an error or say why it wasn't delivered... Whether it was rejected, couldn't find the host, too big of a file size... Etc.
It basically says recipient domain rejected. Attachments or just a conversation. Today I have emailed the same person twice and no problems.

pinkiss

jezus the IT related issues i see i think i need to get work as IT print technician, your emails bounce because either a: they have firewall and someone might put your email as spam etc that needs constant release.
Or your sending attachments simple thing as your sig might trigger firewall to stop it, most larger companies will stop your email as they have set limits on attachment size, also if its compressed zipped etc same.
what you want is them to speak with IT and put your email into white list if you do constant business. If you get that message it means email does land on their side but firewall isolates it, simple as that, but if theres no person to check email server and release them on time thus you'll keep encountering it.