• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

End of Daylight Savings Time screws up websites

Status
Not open for further replies.

binki

One vendor site and one healthcare site I use are FOOBAR today for history of transactions or making payments. Best guess is DST ending messed them up.

Go Figure

DerbyCitySignGuy

One vendor site and one healthcare site I use are FOOBAR today for history of transactions or making payments. Best guess is DST ending messed them up.

Go Figure

This is why we need to go to a 24 hour international clock. Time zones are stupid. If everybody is on the same clock, it doesn't matter if it's dawn at 2am or 8am.

Somebody (i.e., a major international player) needs to just take the reins and say, "We're moving to a 24 hour clock, everybody else needs to adapt to what we're doing or follow suit." I don't think it'll be the US, we're too busy trying to start a race war. Maybe China?

dypinc

This is why we need to go to a 24 hour international clock. Time zones are stupid. If everybody is on the same clock, it doesn't matter if it's dawn at 2am or 8am.

Somebody (i.e., a major international player) needs to just take the reins and say, "We're moving to a 24 hour clock, everybody else needs to adapt to what we're doing or follow suit." I don't think it'll be the US, we're too busy trying to start a race war. Maybe China?

It is amazing that race cards users are still getting elected. Will find out more come Wednesday morning, but of course those areas have the highest voter fraud.

• Agree
Reactions: AF

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, at least 70 countries use it and it seems to work.

Personally, I think it's a good idea, in that our children do not have to walk to school in the dark and get home before it gets dark with the shorter daylight days. Perhaps, where you're at, it's not a big deal. I guess ya don't care about the little people, but then again, race wars seem to have more impact on you, then your own children. Besides, China has been non DST for almost 30 years. Guess it never caught on all that well.

KMC

Graphic Artist

thats the stupidest thing i have ever heard ...thanks for the monday morning laugh

DerbyCitySignGuy

It is amazing that race cards users are still getting elected. Will find out more come Wednesday morning, but of course those areas have the highest voter fraud.

thats the stupidest thing i have ever heard ...thanks for the monday morning laugh

Is that what y'all took out of my post? I guess thanks for proving my point?

It doesn't change the fact that we need to move to a 24 hour clock and ditch DST. It's completely asinine and pointless.

Johnny Best

So if it is 6am in Japan it will be 6am on the east coast of America. Is that what you are saying? That would be strange for a sun dial to pick up. Plus the roosters would be crowing on the east coast around 6pm since there is 13 hour difference. They would start up when the sunrise is about ready to come up.
Some places do not use DST and if you are that adamant about it move there. They may not have any race wars there either.

DerbyCitySignGuy

I'm not sure if you (Johnny and Gino) have a lack of understanding about how DST and 24 hour clocks work or if you just can't resist your contrarian urges. Your arguments are so incredibly ridiculous I'm not even sure how to address them.

Kids walking in the dark and roosters crowing (also clearly don't understand how roosters work)?

Johnny Best

"Derby City had a rough time loading but they are all in line"
Pray tell my genuis friend how your 24 hour international clock will work. I to have a hard time addressing you with your rant on 24 hour time clock and race wars all in the same breath.
How roosters work? During the summer I listen to them start crowing around 5:30 in the morning. But again enlighten me on the subject Masta Derby.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
By the time this post shows up, we'll BE IN the next time zone, but here goes, anyway.

What time do your kids go to school ?? Around here, it was still dark at 7am just last week. That doesn't bother you ??

As for mine or someone else's remarks being so incredibly ridiculous..... it's only because of the input you introduced. Perhaps staying focused and discussing the material at hand, you might make a little more sense. Capisce ??

Marlene

Isn't a 24 hour clock just mean confusing times like 17 o'clock and such? I've never heard it mean everyone is on the same time/time zone. Where did you hear that one?

Johnny Best

Isn't a 24 hour clock just mean confusing times like 17 o'clock and such? I've never heard it mean everyone is on the same time/time zone. Where did you hear that one?

I think you are talking about military time Marlene 1700 hours would be 5pm.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Zulu time is a 24-hour clock. Its used in aviation. Its not hard to understand... you dont have to do math to convert different time zones. 6Z here is 6Z anywhere. Our 6Z is midnight, where as 6Z in Cali would be 10pm.

DerbyCitySignGuy

Sort of. The reason the 24 hour clock is used by airlines, the military, and other organizations is that it removes ambiguity. Instead of the midnight to noon clock we use (12 hour clock), it's a 24 hour clock. Midnight is 00:00 and it goes all the way until 23:59 (11:59).

"Derby City had a rough time loading but they are all in line"
Pray tell my genuis friend how your 24 hour international clock will work. I to have a hard time addressing you with your rant on 24 hour time clock and race wars all in the same breath.
How roosters work? During the summer I listen to them start crowing around 5:30 in the morning. But again enlighten me on the subject Masta Derby.

I'm not sure what you don't understand about the elimination of time zones. There is no reason to have them beyond "people are used to it". It makes ZERO difference if dawn is at 08:00 or 15:00. It's an arbitrary number we've assigned to represent the rotation of the earth during a given frame of time. It would further eliminate ambiguity. If a client in Japan says, "Can you take a call at 18:00" you don't have to guess if he's asking 18:00 your time, 18:00 their time, or 18:00 in some other time zone where you might be doing business. 18:00 is 18:00 no matter where you are on the planet.

DerbyCitySignGuy

Zulu time is a 24-hour clock. Its used in aviation. Its not hard to understand... you dont have to do math to convert different time zones. 6Z here is 6Z anywhere. Our 6Z is midnight, where as 6Z in Cali would be 10pm.

Zulu time is a military time zone that corresponds to 0 in UTC (GMT).

Which is kind of my point. Why have UTC-12 when you can just have UTC and everybody works off the same 24 hour clock?

KMC

Graphic Artist
ok so it should start in South Africa by your math that makes it now 7:37 p.m.

Johnny Best

So Derby, when you dropped that burrito on the floor, that was gravity at work, I hope your not a flat earth believer. They develope time zones because it is easier to understand because Greenwich, England is the starting place and time zones are figured out it takes the earth to rotate noon to noon. I never liked the 24 hour clock in the military, always wore a watch and set it to the time zone I was in at the time. I have never done any business through Japan, I have been there, and am glad they will be able to keep their flag as the rising sun. Yea, the Chinese will make one time zone for you and New Years Eve fireworks will go off all over the world at the same time.
You want everyone on earth to have the same timezone? Next, you will want a universal language.
I am still waiting to hear more about the roosters and race wars. when I see your posts it is like Fractured Fairy Tales with Mr. Peabody and I am Sherman. I have so much to learn from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.