• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Epson s60600 banding/missing nozzle

Goatshaver

I have the same issue with an s80600. Machine is 3 yrs old now, first noticed this happening about a year ago, right before my 2 yr warranty expired. For me I noticed it mostly when printing wraps, and especially if there were large areas of solid colors. Issue wouldn't start at the beginning of a print, would be maybe a few feet into the print and it would start banding. If there were a lot of panels ripped and the printer didn't have a break, the banding would continue. And the banding would get progressively worse the longer you let it keep printing unstopped. If you didn't print back to back, the issue would correct itself and then repeat a few feet into the next print again. To me it seemed like the printer wasn't able to supply enough ink or something.

Had a tech come in and under warranty, they replaced a ton of stuff. Heads, cap top assembly, ducts, etc. Didn't fix the issue, may have improved it a bit, but there was still banding. I kept asking the tech if it could be a pump issue, which he was reluctant about. And honestly can't remember if that was ever replaced, the tech was out here 4 different times over 2 weeks replacing everything. But it just seems like the printer starves for ink if its being asked to deliver the same ink(s) for too long of a period without a break. Because I swear, unless I was imagining it, this printer painted on the solid colors originally, we were blown away compared to our roland it replaced.

So after that we started trying different profiles (we've always used canned profiles) and found a couple that worked a little better. But the best fix we have found is going to 8 pass for anything with solid colors or prone to this issue.

It's interesting that several of us have had this same issue. Hopefully we can get an answer and a solution.
Yeah I've found that 8 Pass I wouldn't really get the banding, but as soon as I did 6 Pass it would happen on the same print.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
you can see the logic of the shotgun approach.
SOMEONE has to pay for the repeat trip & you can brt it won't be epson
changing everything makes it more likely one trip does it
I get that for sure. We usually bring pretty much everything with us on service calls for that reason. But in my experience there's techs out there who simply don' troubleshoot and just change out all the expensive parts and hope for the best. I can't tell you how many times I get a call from someone who's been told to buy a head but it ended up being a $2 o-ring.

Tuanny

the tech just came today and is working on it now. will update once he is done and i try a couple of prints to see if the issue is gone.

Tuanny

okay the tech is done fixing he said he didnt see anything wrong but just changed the pump cap anyways because he felt bad i paid for the one time warranty thing which was 3.8k.
after he left i did some printing printed about 15 ft then noticed banding lines and did a nozzle check and had some missing nozzles and exact same problem was still there...
will have to contact Epson again to get them to take another look.

Goatshaver

okay the tech is done fixing he said he didnt see anything wrong but just changed the pump cap anyways because he felt bad i paid for the one time warranty thing which was 3.8k.
after he left i did some printing printed about 15 ft then noticed banding lines and did a nozzle check and had some missing nozzles and exact same problem was still there...
Did the tech not do a test or run a small print before he left? Can you show your nozzle check?
I'm assuming you've also done a manual head alignment and feed adjustment on your media.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I'm surprised they didn't change the dampers. This is classic damper failure. When your machine is printing, as ink flows through the head nozzles, it pulls ink from the damper. The damper compresses under the pressure and eventually a little valve is opened to allow more ink in from the supply route. When the valve opens, a spring in the damper causes the damper to expand again which draws ink into the damper. This ensures continuous ink flow to the head during printing. When a damper fails, it simply fails to keep the flow of ink to the head consistently which is the issue your experiencing. If new dampers don't fix the issue, the head could be bad or there might be an air leak in the line somewhere throwing off the pressure in the system but it's almost always dampers.

unmateria

Yep, absolutelly sounds to dampers for me too. A quick way to check it is printing at the slowest mode... If it prints all correctly, dampers cant stand with all the flow at full speed but if stills gets out of ink, is air in the system (check tubing, cartdrige rubber seals, orings, etc). You can check it too doing a cleaning and look if ink returns to cartdridges overnight.

Signed Out

Wow that's crazy, for $3,800 they should do more. Is the tech coming back? Did you run the printer long enough for him to see the issue before he started doing any work? After he finished did you do the same long print test to see if the issue was corrected?

In my case they replaced heads and everything, still didn't fix it, but I was under warranty and basically got a brand new printer. Only thing that actually fixes it for us is to slow the printer down. Somehow these printers aren't able to keep up with the ink demand. And it seems that it is a ware issue, as this is happening to many of us and it seems to happen after a year or 2 of use.

A leak developing in our systems somehow? IDK.

Tuanny

Tech came back today and swapped out the ducts. printer is now functioning how it should. this time he actually stayed and waited for me to do a couple of prints before he left so far its been working good.
here is the banding lines i was getting and nozzle check . that would go away after a (light) cleaning mode but then comes back after printing 10-15 ft.

UPDATE: ok so was able to print about 40-50 ft of material seems then started to see some band lines again then did a nozzle check and missing black nozzles now. did a clean and its back.
dont got any more orders for now to test so will give an update next time i print some more.
Sent the tech a text he said "Ok. periodic cleaning are required but not sure what a normal intervals would be"
Anyone know how do i check in the settings how often it should do the cleaning maybe i can set to like every 40 ft or so?

Attachments

• IMG-6968.jpg
    IMG-6968.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 193
  • IMG-6967.jpg
    IMG-6967.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 188
Last edited:

royalwrapz

I am having similar issues with mine. Im getting "Lawn mower" banding And the nozzle drop out after 6 - 15 feet. Also on 2 different s60600 A demo unit and a brand new unit
Everything was replaced in the demo unit. Heads, pumps, caps, lines, and everything in between 2 times. So they sent a brand new machine. First print after Epson Tech installed 12 feet into print nozzle drop out and banding.
it has been a couple of months with the new printer and 3 different tech. They still don't know what is wrong and wont answer my calls now.

Epson told me to only print 6 feet at a time and that solid colors are to high demand for this printer.

royalwrapz

I have the same issue with an s80600. Machine is 3 yrs old now, first noticed this happening about a year ago, right before my 2 yr warranty expired. For me I noticed it mostly when printing wraps, and especially if there were large areas of solid colors. Issue wouldn't start at the beginning of a print, would be maybe a few feet into the print and it would start banding. If there were a lot of panels ripped and the printer didn't have a break, the banding would continue. And the banding would get progressively worse the longer you let it keep printing unstopped. If you didn't print back to back, the issue would correct itself and then repeat a few feet into the next print again. To me it seemed like the printer wasn't able to supply enough ink or something.

Had a tech come in and under warranty, they replaced a ton of stuff. Heads, cap top assembly, ducts, etc. Didn't fix the issue, may have improved it a bit, but there was still banding. I kept asking the tech if it could be a pump issue, which he was reluctant about. And honestly can't remember if that was ever replaced, the tech was out here 4 different times over 2 weeks replacing everything. But it just seems like the printer starves for ink if its being asked to deliver the same ink(s) for too long of a period without a break. Because I swear, unless I was imagining it, this printer painted on the solid colors originally, we were blown away compared to our roland it replaced.

So after that we started trying different profiles (we've always used canned profiles) and found a couple that worked a little better. But the best fix we have found is going to 8 pass for anything with solid colors or prone to this issue.

It's interesting that several of us have had this same issue. Hopefully we can get an answer and a solution.
When I had my first s60600 it printed amazing for 2 months. Now on my second s60600 in the last year. Having the same issues of nozzle drop out.
I get banding on 6pass and nozzle drop out on 8 pass.
I have pointed out to Epson that there are many other customers having the same issues. They tell me that is a lie and Epson has never talked to anyone about this issue of banding and nozzle drop out.

Hopefully something can be figured out

A weak pump cap can cause this as the pump cap is responsible for getting the head primed up to print ........I would replace those. You mentioned the heads, dampers etc were replaced already?

It isn't the most difficult part to replace.....you need to remove the top right cover, control panel and side right covers....I can get you the pages from the manual I can also get the part for you...it is $227
Where are you located?

Borism25

I have a litlle order machine S30610, and i have problem only on yellow Chanel but i cant't clean that out. Can i do trick with paper cloth and epson solvent, and then place head over. Everything is clean on the bottom, before the machine come to me thay change the pump, and dampers.

Temporary fix for me is 8pass uni, than I don't see bending, on yellow. When printing with less yellow I can put in 4-6-8 pass and everything is spot on.

royalwrapz

A weak pump cap can cause this as the pump cap is responsible for getting the head primed up to print ........I would replace those. You mentioned the heads, dampers etc were replaced already?
The pump was also replaced on the first unit. Not on the second unit.

But just a update. Still having the issues. Epson customer service has been the worst ever. They are completely ignoring me. The last thing they told me was my room conditions are not correct. I need to have the room at 52% humidity and 72 temp. I usually keep it at 46% and 74.

So I bumped everything to what they said and first print had Nozzle drop out.

When the printer worked it was great. But don't ever expect to get help from Epson if you have an issue that is more then replacing parts.

I have a litlle order machine S30610, and i have problem only on yellow Chanel but i cant't clean that out. Can i do trick with paper cloth and epson solvent, and then place head over. Everything is clean on the bottom, before the machine come to me thay change the pump, and dampers.

Temporary fix for me is 8pass uni, than I don't see bending, on yellow. When printing with less yellow I can put in 4-6-8 pass and everything is spot on.
You may need a printhead if the missing nozzles are consistent and especially if there is nozzle deflection around it That may be a European Model so I may not be able to get parts for it....if you send the serial number I can verify origin

Borism25

You may need a printhead if the missing nozzles are consistent and especially if there is nozzle deflection around it That may be a European Model so I may not be able to get parts for it....if you send the serial number I can verify origin
I will send serial numbers to you tomorrow. Can you give me some information if is possible to set on Epson just to print with the left side of the head. On Mimaki where I worked before, I regularly soaked the head. The menu in maintenance has the option to move the head, fill it with cleaning liquid and soak it for some time. In 4 years, I didn't have one problem regarding printing. I tried to find something similar to Epson and couldn't find anything on the menu. Is it OK if I buy some fine cloth and soak that in the Epson cleaning liquid and put it on the yellow channel to see if that can clear up my problem with yellow. Any advice will be helpfull.

Attachments

• 20221022_182939.jpg
    20221022_182939.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 151