• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson Stylus GS6000 Black Not Printing?

lerscom

Yesterday a ran out of magenta ink when I change the cartridge some air got stock in the ink lines, I try this but did not work, did I miss something? when I suck the ink the bubbles were gone and when i re attach the line the bubbles return

Hello,

first, sorry for my English...
After cleaning head, i had problems for print...
I made test and the green, orange, light cyan and light magenta did'nt go...

After trekking the protection of the head, i saw air in the pipes...
I have found the solution for this problem...
You must unmount the panel back the printer.
After you can see 2 valves assy (one for each head) : see photo 1.
Trek the solenoid (4 screws) : photo 2.
Raise the 4 plastic parts : 1 by color (see photo 3 and 4).
After pull the pipes at the entry of the pump and aspirate with a syringe.
When the pipes over the head is full and ink flow in the syringe. it's ok. (see photo 5).
Replace the pipes in the pump and the platic parts.
You can do a test print

Have a nice day.

Sandro

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

IvanDD

I posted in this thread abuot 6 months ago that the same thing was happening to me. Well we had a tech come out, they replaced the head and put a filter on the black ink line. Its now happening again. Epson wont send out a regular tech of theirs to troubleshoot and instead wants to send the contracted local company to come out and replace the head. I'm about to give up on Epson. This is absolute crap.

MCH

Black Channel Blocked Again. 6 months later

After nearly 3 months trying to get my Epson GS6000 fixed. I finally got it fixed late November 2014. Nearly six months down the road we are back in the same position with the BLACK AGAIN!!!

I spoke to the company who fixed it, they said I need to talk to Epson and gave me a ref: number.
I called Epson and they don't want to get involved as they didn't fix it. Yet It was a Epson Cert company that fixed it. Epson are a real let down.

The black stopped working, tried to clean the head. LIGHT then the HEAVY. still blocked.
I cleaned it with solvent cleaner and managed to get it clear to nearly 95%. So I did a LIGHT clean the head block to 0% working. Cleaned the head with solvent and got 100% perfect be the other colours had a few lines missing in the nozzle check. cleaned the head and the black stopped again. 0% working
This keeps on happening. Yet if I clean the head with solvent clean and get it clean it prints perfectly.
Any ideas what the problem could be?

MCH

Same Here

I posted in this thread abuot 6 months ago that the same thing was happening to me. Well we had a tech come out, they replaced the head and put a filter on the black ink line. Its now happening again. Epson wont send out a regular tech of theirs to troubleshoot and instead wants to send the contracted local company to come out and replace the head. I'm about to give up on Epson. This is absolute crap.

Looks like we have a few thing in common. :eek:((

tokaz

One Color Head Washing using One Cleaning Cartridge

Hi guys.

FYI Epson came with a new firmware 27 Jan 2011 - It makes it possible to do a headwash with only one cleaning cartridge.
For those who think you have to buy 8 every time. :)

I also got the black issue.

Damian

I feel the same thing at all! someone found a solution or changed the machine.. good luck. Damian. Argentina

lerscom

Right now Im having the black issues, Im going to wash the black head and change the Ink to a different brand maybe the epson ink is going bad as a conspiracy to change the printer jajaja, I will try cuantek Ink for this printer and see what happen before I dispose it