• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Error 30 when pressing the Test button

Ivanox

Hi All,

I have a Mimaki JV3-160SP, and when I press the test button I get Error 30. From I know is something to do with a sequence not follow correctly but I try removing the media, making sure that things were properly close and is still coming up. When I click on the Remote button it does not go remote. If anyone has any suggestions I will appreciated them.

Thank You

artbot

i just got one, and my last white ink cartridge is showing expired...

you can turn the machine off from the front, then switch off on the back, then unplug, then press the front button four times slowly (the front green button will light up a few times). this will clear all latent charges. but it won't reset the internal memory.

you will need to get the machine in dormant mode if it doesn't continue to do the cleaning cycles.

artbot

custody wash for mimaki... you can fill the caps with solvent and that will keep the heads wet. but for an extended amount of time, the lines to the pumps will gum up. so if the machine is off for a good bit, get the ink out of the printer. i don't custody wash. i run a manifold directly to the heads just above the dampers. and then pull ink through the system under the pumps.

right now the printer is idle because of programming cnc tool paths, and photoshopping pieces for the next weeks projects, so it's put in a quasi-custody wash. takes about 10 minutes. wastes much less ink than even running the routine cycles would for the week.

Attachments

• direct_clean.jpg
    direct_clean.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 433

Rusty1269

artbot i got same message

art bot i got the error 30 when i hit test draw. also <local.1> !car [#01] !cartridge mbyk is always displayed on screen. any help? i just got this printer at a auction and know nothing about printing or running this thing. all i did was buy reset chips for the bulk ink but it doesnt seem to do anything. lights are still red where the empty cartridges are with the chips on them.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Bumping 3 year old threads for an unrelated printer that artbot (the JV3 and JV33 are totally different machines) has never owned one of is not going to help your situation.

MikePro

i'll post in your other thread BUT an error 30 when test printing, for my JV3-160sp, results from not having enough media in the printer to cover the rear media sensor when the printer feeds/testprints.

check ink level in cartridges, may this error occur due to ink near end and also check both red and green led are blinking or not in any colour at cartridge slot

art bot i got the error 30 when i hit test draw. also <local.1> !car [#01] !cartridge mbyk is always displayed on screen. any help? i just got this printer at a auction and know nothing about printing or running this thing. all i did was buy reset chips for the bulk ink but it doesnt seem to do anything. lights are still red where the empty cartridges are with the chips on them.

Your printer not recognising chips make check with good chips means supported ones

muelli75

Hi out there!

Got the same problem today. Solved it by taking the machine from the lines and removing the battery for about one minute. The battery is located on the side of the frontpanel - you can access it from the backside. You have to remove the casing to reach it.

Maybe this hint will help anyone in the future.