• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CO Experienced sign shop leader needed in Frisco, Colorado

Brandon708

Why is this guys post about looking for an employee turning into a debate of responsibilities? (no response needed)

Anyway... I checked out your shop when I was on a trip in Breckenridge a couple years back and I liked what I saw. It's a very nice area! Good luck with your search!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If ya make a confrontational statement, of course others will chime in.

I don't look at it as a debate, not at all. More that people are bringing up what takes place in their shop or where they have worked in the past. Like a community effort to understand better.

If you had to wear basically every hat in a restaurant, ya better be getting top notch dollar for doing it all and having the knowledge.... to do it all. Otherwise, ya just might be running your own place.

Had a guy one time who had his own shop for some years. He stopped by and asked for a job. I told him, I knew of him and wondered why he wanted to work for someone else ?? He said, he knew every aspect of the business and just didn't want all the headaches and day to day problems with ordering, dealing with people, deadlines and his list went on. I said well, I'm advertising for someone and you have lotsa knowledge, so we worked out a deal. I don't think a week went by and he was ordering things and changing the shop layout around and talking sh!t to the other guys. I told him to ease up on the orders and maybe run them by me, first. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Within 3 weeks, I hadda tell him to leave. He said, no problem. He went on, you don't run your shop properly and he gave me a whole rundown of all the things I was doing wrong. I said... and this coming from a guy who can't keep his own business afloat, so ya wanna run mine into the ground, too ?? At the time, we had 5 guys working there and 2 or 3 part timers. He moved to florida and wanted to open a fish chartering business. Never heard form him again, but ya just never know what having all the right credentials will yield. Be careful.