• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Facebook Market Place scams

Signs101Admin

Owner
Staff member
Do not purchase from https://www.facebook.com/essie.miller.9083 in the market place she is a thief and a scam artist. Facebook needs to remove her account.
Here is the scam buy from the Facebook marketplace. The item gets shipped but not to your address but to another address in your town. To Facebook, it shows delivered, and of course, Facebook won't call to verify so you get screwed because to them you got what you paid for.
But if you call UPS in this case they can email proof of where your package went and you will get refunded from your CC company.

Signs101Admin

Owner
Staff member
Update; emailed back and forth with Facebook they give me the same line of bull shit that the item was delivered even though I sent proof from UPS that it was delivered to another address.

So it is very easy to get ripped off from the FaceBook marketplace.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Why any one uses FB for anything anymore is beyond me. Social media advertising, ok... But why you would buy something through FB market place is, well, what were you buying?

Signs101Admin

Owner
Staff member
Why any one uses FB for anything anymore is beyond me. Social media advertising, ok... But why you would buy something through FB market place is, well, what were you buying?

I don't use FB for anything other than business and have bought and sold on their many times. Other than that I wanted to just warn people.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Oh yah. I heard something about that. Whatever, you can rebrand, but I seriously doubt it would change anything. FB is for your Mom. Gotta be relevant to the kiddos.

WildWestDesigns

I thought that place was just there to whine about politics and post pictures of your dinner

That can be said for all social media really.

Anywhere where people can connect, there tends to be a marketplace that pops up.

To me, there isn't all that much difference between buying off FB and buying off ebay or craigslist. For some, there might be a better perception of a market place of the last two, but I kinda regard them in all in the same manner. But that is just me.

netsol

We always buy a lot of used equipment
I always check Facebook first. It must very a terrible place to sell, prices are lower than eBay, Craigslist, offer up/let go. Lower price offers are always accepted

Stacey K

I like making signs
I've only bought things in person on FB Marketplace. Half the time when you message someone for more information or to ask if the item is sold they never get back to you.

FB frustrates me. Mine is mostly ads. Must be from liking businesses or checking in. People ask me if I saw their pics, nope! Only saw ads for a bunch of crap I'll never buy!

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I've only bought things in person on FB Marketplace. Half the time when you message someone for more information or to ask if the item is sold they never get back to you.

FB frustrates me. Mine is mostly ads. Must be from liking businesses or checking in. People ask me if I saw their pics, nope! Only saw ads for a bunch of crap I'll never buy!
That's about all I get too. A few stupid memes, ads and sponsored videos. Its spambook.