• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fading Away

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Doug it looks alot like Xara's edge feathering tool.
It a slider that will feather the edge of closed paths. It is vector based & dynamic so that it will scale with the drawing and you can adjust it at any time. It also does not add additional paths for the effect.
Maybe CS has a similar tool now (I don't own it so I can't check).
In X3 you could do a similar effect by using the contour tool and setting the fill and line type to white with the color blend set to linear, but it would add paths just like Fred's blending solution.

pic shows the effect in xara

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• feather.jpg
    feather.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

2NinerNiner2

I ran into a situation just the other day that required this type of fade and I achieved a reasonable result with the mesh fill tool in X3. Here is a quick version; I added more nodes to the one I used, but it was quite easy to do.

Attachments

• fade1.jpg
    fade1.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 111

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The effect was achieved with Feathering the filled vector at a setting of a radius of 18.5 pixels in Adobe Illustrator.

Attachments

• Fading Away.jpg
    Fading Away.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 117