• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Falcon 2 outdoor- E068 Err Cr Encoder

LAYIN INK

Hello-
When I power on our Falcon 2 outdoor it gives me a E068 Err Cr Encoder. It gives the same error regardless whether the carriage is over the capping station or if I slide it over to the left and power on the printer....I have checked all the connections recommended on this forum of others having the same error and they are all connected. I have also cleaned the encoder strip and checked to make sure it was still seated properly in the channel of the encoder. When I slide the carriage from side to side when the power is off it moves smoothly. When unit is powered the carriage makes no movement or sound that it is stuck at all. I have powered the printer in diagnostic mode and checked sensors, both PF and CR show 0000 when carriage is over capping station. CR Origin is ON......... Under "maintenance"...CR motor reads 197217 and the PF motor reads 376( if that helps anything).....When I check the Error record is shows Y ENCODER. I'm really not sure where to go from here and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.
Thank you!!
Justin

LAYIN INK

Thanks for the input Compilla!! Sounds like I may have to have Mutoh look at this.I don't know what else to do. I was just hoping to see what I could pull from those on this site!
Thanks

LAYIN INK

one of my cyan cartridges shows Not original ink error upon start up...( we have occasionally had this not original ink issue) we usually just pull out the specific cartridge and then put back in and it clears the error......anyways, I decide to power the machine with that specific cartridge removed for the heck of it (as I have tried everything else to clear this E068 encoder error).....machine powers on, mutoh welcome screen shows then shows its missing that cartridge. I insert that cartridge then the printer fully initializes and powers on...E068 Encoder error gone.....Can anyone explain that? Everything is operating....of coarse the heads need some deep cleaning from sitting so long as I ran some test prints. Any suggestions?
Thanks!!

Wraps ink

My Mutoh is showing err cpu (05) mutoh just put a motherboard in less than a year ago so I call them they say the motherboard has gone bad and they dont warranty their parts..so now i get an estimate to fix it and its around $3500.00 this is so crazy

LAYIN INK

Randya...thanks for the advice...I appreciate it. I have cleaned and lubricated the railways and carriage moves smoothly from side to side.......Just a note.....Today I again started the machine with that same ink cartridge out and waited for CP to show it was missing to insert it......inserted it and printer fired up and initialized.....E068 encoder error didn't pop up......I can't explain it...system could be giving a false positive error is what a mutoh tech said could be a possibilty