• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

falcon outdoor jr help!

Spud

working @ a new shop, they seem to not take care of machines as much as needed. they have had nothing but problems, as which i'm trying to solve a few but just started using this wide-format printer.

here are my results right now. i'm about to change the profiles as to signwarehouse faq.

Attachments

• JRISSUES.jpg
    JRISSUES.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 76

Spud

any suggestions on where to start? i worked on the profiles, they seemed to make a HUGE difference in quality. still the nozzle check is giving me not so good test. any suggestions?

Jackpine

I agree. Do a cleaning and then print a nozzle check. If not so good....do another or make a file with small blocks of CMYK , RGB and grayscale and print that. Nozzle checks only print 360dpi. Do the test print at 720x720 bi-directional.
It's not the profiles you should be worring about now, that machine needs some serious cleaning first.

OneUpTenn

Like they said do a cleaning. Then do another cleaning. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 cleanings to help especially if it has been a few days since it printed. Afew other suggestions since I had that same problem but can't remember how I fixed it.
1)Change all pads
2)Print on different types of media to check your differences
3)Let it print for a while, not just the test. Sometimes that is not enough printing to get it going good.

Hope that helps.

Jackpine

You could also soak the print head on a lint free cloth saturated with cleaning solution parked on the cap station for 10-15 minutes then do a cleaning, then print.

P

ProWraps™

wow your heads are pretty beat up.. good luck with the cleanings. you will have to do multiple. if you end up having to replace heads, they are pretty cheap for that machine so dont fret.

Spud

thanks all for the help. I've gotten better results after an extensive amount of cleaning, as well as trying to clear the lint off the head. seems alright, but no where near what it should be printing like. after alot of printing it seems to do a WAY better job printing, but everytime it just seems to "start over" or have to clean a few times and print a little before we get the correct color ink on the material.

on a positive note, I believe the shop owners are going for the mutoh fellers is offering next week. now only if I can convince them to shoot me over to get certified on there bill, and still get paid for my days! :)

How would I put a cloth on the pads? Would I take the head off to do so?

Jackpine

How would I put a cloth on the pads? Would I take the head off to do so?

Pull the print heads to the left. With a syringe put some cleaning solution on the cap station until it slightly bulges. Cut a piece lint free material (I have heard coffee filters will work), and lay it on the caps. Add a bit more cleaning solution to wet the cloth and replace the print head assembly. Let it soak for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove the cloth, do a cleaning than a nozzle check.