• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Falcon Outdoor No Power after changing print heads?

Hey everyone, hopefully someone here can help me out. I have a Falcon outdoor 62 that I changed the print heads on and now it wont power up.
I get nothing at all on the panel. Any ideas? Does this thing have fuses? I looked in the power supply but couldnt see any fuses there.
Help:frustrated:

randya

Verify that you have power coming in to the machine.

There is a 6.3 amp/250 volt fuse on the power supply.

First I would be sure and check ALL connections that you removed to change the head, especially the ribbon cable for the display.

Drop the door under the printer and see if anything lights up.

Sign man sent me the manual for the rock hopper 38 (Thank you sign man) but from what I understand (and see) this is not the same set up as the falcon outdoor 62. If I understand correctly the 48 and 62 are the same but not the 38.

randya

The 38 should give you enough info to find the fuses and troubleshoot the power supply.

There is a difference in the motherboard on the 62, it has 2 additional drivers for lc lm channels, and alignment details may be different.

The manual for the 38 looks completely different then this printer.
I am getting power on the heaters and the take up roller unit but not the printer itself. How many sensors are on this thing? I have all the covers off and I see the one for the front cover that is on the right side are there any others?

Last edited:
So my problem was the fuse. Replaced the fuse and powers up.
Now I am a little confused about resetting the paramaters. I started up the machine while pressing cleaning, menu and shift. Get into the set up mode.
Do I just go through the list and keep hitting enter or do I need to change the values? Can I follow the values on the rockhopper 38 manual or is it different for this machine?

I think I updated everything but not quite positive. When I power up now I am getting a E074 error which the manual is saying is the t fence is dirty and to clean it which I did but still getting that error.

PSG

Bay,

Did you get a manual?
I have the Serv. Manual for the 48/62".
If you need it send me PM with your email and I will send you a link to an upload site.
It is quite large, about 300 pages.

randya

I think I updated everything but not quite positive. When I power up now I am getting a E074 error which the manual is saying is the t fence is dirty and to clean it which I did but still getting that error.

There is a sensor that reads the t fence, it is possible that you knocked this out of its position.

I believe that you have to set 'Home' position as well.