• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Father of Digital Art Laurance Gartel

Circleville Signs

Gino,

This doesn't happen often, but in Addie's defense, most Minor League football is non-profit. Not necissarily a "not for profit", but most definitely a NON-profit.

I played for a couple of different Semi-Pro teams between college and AFL stops. Both of the teams that I played for were in the upper 10-15% of Minor League teams int eh country as far as revenue and fan support goes (Ohio Swarm and the now defunct Columbus Fury). On a GREAT home game, we might have 200-300 fans show up. At $5/pop. Playoff games you might get 400-500. Maybe. Both teams i played for paid the players, at least those of us who had contracts. That's in addition to chartering busses for away games, etc. A typical minor league game costs around $1200-1500 just for officials and field rental. Now, tack on paying 40+ players an average of $100-300/game, and you're looking at $40-50k just to run the home half of your season.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
in my world i have a terminology for that kind of digital design aesthetic... sh.t sandwich.

+1

side note to gino:

do you sit around and way for addy to post so you can pounce on him???

Locals Find!

Hey Addie...............

I thought this was a kid's football team. I think I'll take back what I said.

When was YOUR team's last game ??Last game was Saturday We won 22-0, our first game we won 54-8.
Where is YOUR team's home field ??Rutenberg Park Fort Myers
How many are on YOUR team or rather, what league are they presently in ?? We are part of the Southern Amateur Football Association, we are fielding 36 players plus staff
So.............. who is this benefit really gonna help ?? Hands Up Charity primarily helps children & other disabled people with things insurance won't pay for. Things that aren't medically necessary. A prime example is we bought a special bike for a 13 year old kid in a wheelchair. His family couldn't afford it and his insurance said a Bike is not a medical necessity. We believed every 13 year old kid deserved a chance to ride around with other kids. Our team founder and my Friend Jay Lawrence is permanently disabled and stuck in a wheelchair. He broke his neck at 17 and is unable to move without the chair due to his spinal damage. He can't even properly use his hands the damage was so extensive. He started this charity to help others that were in his same position that weren't as fortunate as he was to have a family able to step up and help him financially to succeed in life.

You can try to tarnish my name all you want Gino, I don't care. I am proud to Support Hands Up Charity and I am proud of the work we do and the people we help. Both Disabled and otherwise. The players on our team are not compensated. They all hold full times Jobs and most of them have families. They work hard, play hard, and are finally getting a chance to play football that many of them lost when they were unable to attend college.

FYI, Ernest Graham from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and someone who I attended High School with is also an Owner of our Team. We are a serious Amateur Team not a bunch of guys on the park on a Saturday getting away from the wives.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Circle........

I have no problem with money or no money in this organization.... or who it goes to, but does the team really exist ??

From everything I've read the team has been defunct since 2009 and what people are still around aren't in any league or have a field to call their home-field. Therefore, why would anyone contribute to something which as of this moment doesn't exist ??

Is there talk of it getting it back up and running ?? Perhaps, but where is this fund-raising money going.... if there's no team ??

Are these people connected to a lost cause ?? Maybe someone should alert Addie that his team hasn't played a game since 2009 with only one season under their belt in 2008 when the team was formed. This information is from...... 9 January 2012. Possibly they got their act together, but as of now, it doesn't appear so...... or someone is channeling non-profit monies into their pockets. Notice, I didn't say Addie was doing this, but maybe he should be aware of what's going on... if anything.

Sometimes people to the closet of you are not doing exactly what they say and I would imagine if only a month ago, nothing is happening, perhaps this could be a form of revitalizing things, but I'm sure that information would also be readily available to Addie, so we'll just wait to see what's actually happnin' down dare.

Just posted this and saw Addie's reply. All I can say is there must be another football team posing as you guys. A simple search on Google will provide this information. Maybe you should go see who is giving you a bad rap.

The Florida Stingrays were a 2008 expansion team of the American Indoor Football Association. They played their home games at the Lee County Civic Center. As of the 2009 season, the team was defunct.

An unrelated Florida Stingrays played women's American football in the early 2000s; other than the fact that Anita Marks was the team's quarterback, little else is known.
The Florida Stingrays were scheduled to play in 2012 at Germain Arena, but instead, hope to play at Lee County Civic Center instead. They are presently uncommitted to a league, but have strong interest for the Southern Indoor Football League

Locals Find!

Circle........

I have no problem with money or no money in this organization.... or who it goes to, but does the team really exist ??

From everything I've read the team has been defunct since 2009 and what people are still around aren't in any league or have a field to call their home-field. Therefore, why would anyone contribute to something which as of this moment doesn't exist ??

Is there talk of it getting it back up and running ?? Perhaps, but where is this fund-raising money going.... if there's no team ??

Are these people connected to a lost cause ?? Maybe someone should alert Addie that his team hasn't played a game since 2009 with only one season under their belt in 2008 when the team was formed. This information is from...... 9 January 2012. Possibly they got their act together, but as of now, it doesn't appear so...... or someone is channeling non-profit monies into their pockets. Notice, I didn't say Addie was doing this, but maybe he should be aware of what's going on... if anything.

Sometimes people to the closet of you are not doing exactly what they say and I would imagine if only a month ago, nothing is happening, perhaps this could be a form of revitalizing things, but I'm sure that information would also be readily available to Addie, so we'll just wait to see what's actually happnin' down dare.

Gino, I understand your confusion the original owners of the Stingrays did shut down. They were originally an Arena Football league. We bought the name from the original league with all the rights attached. The previous team owners had signed it over to the league when they shut down.