• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Favorite Fonts. What's yours?

showcase 66

I am curious to know what fonts people use the most often. Also what fonts to you like least. In my engineering background, I used 4 fonts that was pretty standard for the field. Roman C, Romantic, Arial, and Standard.

I pretty much stay away from them at all cost anymore, unless I am drawing plans.

Not sure if I have any fonts that I would say are my favorite right now. I know of fonts I want that are my favorite, but not mine as of yet. Soon, very soon.

I like
Autographic by Signs DNA
Tuscano Script by Signfonts
Valentino by signfonts

Ok pretty much all of them from signfonts. I will have the 33 font package in the near future.

Let me know your favorites. I want to see what everyone likes so I can upgrade my font library and get rid of most of the fonts on my computer.

SignManiac

I have no favorites, I only use a font if it works in a given situation. But there are a few I hate. Brush Script, Old English are a couple that come to mind.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I have favorites, but kinda the same thing as Signmaniac, I try to use typefaces that go along with the design....

I like:

House Industries fonts
Emigre has a couple I could not live without...
Font Bureau
Font Bros
Font Diner
Letterhead Fonts.

I like typefaces with lots of weights too...

Akzidenz Grotesk, News and Franklin Gothic being a few of them.

showcase 66

I have no favorites, I only use a font if it works in a given situation. But there are a few I hate. Brush Script, Old English are a couple that come to mind.

I hate brush script. Seems like everyone loves it. You can drive down one of the main roads in my town and if the business has been here more than 15 years, it has brush script in the logo somewhere. I have actually told a friend of mine that brush script corrupted my computer and I refused to reload it. He used a different font.

showcase 66

I have favorites, but kinda the same thing as Signmaniac, I try to use typefaces that go along with the design....

I like:

House Industries fonts
Emigre has a couple I could not live without...
Font Bureau
Font Bros
Font Diner
Letterhead Fonts.

I like typefaces with lots of weights too...

Akzidenz Grotesk, News and Franklin Gothic being a few of them.

Thanks for the places to check out.

Pat Whatley

The ones I use the most would be

Bodega (love the serif/san serif versions and the different weights)
Akzidenz Grotesk
Futura Extra Black, Medium Bold, Medium, Light
P22 Corintha
Smoothy DNA
Garamond
Aachen
Optima
Jiggy Roman

trik

I don't have any specific, kind of like everyone else, whatever works with the design! But there is another shop that uses CANCUN on everything he does, I used to like the font, I don't even have it installed, and it drives me crazy when I see it used.