• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fellers is too Funny.

HulkSmash

Anyone Else find it funny that Fellers is literally selling vinyl
to end users cheaper than they wholesale it to us for?

www.fellers.com - $680 dollars for a 75 foot roll of 3M 1080
www.cheetahwrap.com - $525.00

Total Savings if you aren't buying wholesale - $155.00

Scum. Bags.

rdm01

It may have been covered before, but how is CheetahWrap.com affiliated with Fellers?

ams

The sales reps can bring the price down 10 - 20%. I pay way less than catalog pricing for my stuff from Fellers.

TimToad

The sales reps can bring the price down 10 - 20%. I pay way less than catalog pricing for my stuff from Fellers.

Why should any of us have to even ask the rep to do that?

What that shows is that the rep is probably eating part of the reduction to keep your business because the margin is high enough for him or her to do so and their pricing isn't consistent across the board.

HulkSmash

When you call into fellers, they will give you a discount if you buy from them regularly - which brings the price down to 522.25 2 dollars cheaper. So i save 2 dollars on a 75 foot roll as a wholesaler, which also means i can't mark up, and just make money on install.

no thanks.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
There are shops that actually pay list catalog prices? :omg: lol

But yeah.... That particular deal came up again for us just the other day. Had our rep give me a price on a particular solid color wrap vinyl. Price came back essentially as exactly what anyone can buy it on the cheater site for. Its been brought up quite a few times but so far no one has made enough noise about it for Frank to change it.

Pippin Decals

Earlier in the year i bought a 4'x5' of mossy oak obsession camo vinyl for $85.00 and i went to order another sheet and they are wanting $140.00 now ? WTH? Now im looking for a new place to get it. Cant believe they raised their prices like that.

HulkSmash

It's funny cause - the people who answer the phone say - oh we're told to say we don't own it.
then my rep says yeah they do own it.

then frank goes yeah, we own it.

then frank goes no we don't own it.

like good grief - they sound so silly :rock-n-roll:

T_K

Wow! It's been a while since I've looked at pricing, but now I see we're getting ripped on prices compared to other wholesale distributors.

When I first got into the sign industry in 2010, Fellers was our go-to place for most of our vinyl. They were the most competitive, so long as you talked to the sales reps. I never caught that they tried to make everything publicly available. :banghead:

Now that I'm back in a purchasing position with my new company, I'm definitely going to be changing my suppliers. Hello GSG and Grimco! You're cheaper on ALMOST every item I've compared (before negotiating with the sales reps).

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm a big one on principle, but I still fail to see how this affects everyone ?? Underselling our trade is one thing, but in most industries..... an industry standard, but usually only by the manufacturer, not a distributor.

For the most part, we don't ever compete with people buying off the internet or any other place. They bring the stuff to us and I say right up front..... I'm not gonna use your stuff. End of story.

I can see how this might upset some of you, but I still don't see how this affects any of you in the pocket, unless you are dealing in the street with these lowlifes. Jump up out of the gutter onto the curb and see the new horizons and what it will bring you, when dealing with a better grade customer. It's business and no one on this site is gonna change it. If you had the money and know-how, you'd be doing exactly the same thing.

So, if you're not using Fellers, who do you use?

We use Oracal, so it's US Cutter, here. We've compared prices from various vendors and there is just no comparison.

For example...

US Cutter - Oracal 751 cast vinyl 24" x 10 yard roll, black/white $44.99, colors $51.49
Fellers - Oracal 751 cast vinyl 24" x 10 yard roll, black/white $61.00, colors $64.50

US Cutter - Orajet 3651 Cal media 36" x 50 yard roll $149.95
Fellers - Orajet 3651 Cal media 36" x 50 yard roll $153.99

US Cutter - Orajet 3951RA Cast media 54" x 50 yard roll $653.49
Fellers - Orajet 3951RA Cast media 54" x 50 yard roll $675.99

Prices on media aren't all that remarkable, but on cut vinyl they blow Fellers (and about every other competitor) out of the water.

ams

We use Oracal, so it's US Cutter, here. We've compared prices from various vendors and there is just no comparison.

For example...

US Cutter - Oracal 751 cast vinyl 24" x 10 yard roll, black/white $44.99, colors $51.49
Fellers - Oracal 751 cast vinyl 24" x 10 yard roll, black/white $61.00, colors $64.50

US Cutter - Orajet 3651 Cal media 36" x 50 yard roll $149.95
Fellers - Orajet 3651 Cal media 36" x 50 yard roll $153.99

US Cutter - Orajet 3951RA Cast media 54" x 50 yard roll $653.49
Fellers - Orajet 3951RA Cast media 54" x 50 yard roll $675.99

Prices on media aren't all that remarkable, but on cut vinyl they blow Fellers (and about every other competitor) out of the water.

Grimco now sells Oracal.

jfiscus

Rap Master
I wish we had another distributor closer to us. We have had an unbelievable amount of issues with Fellers here, but no other distributor is close enough for same-day order pickup/delivery.

Imakesigns

I got an email from them the other day asking why they hadn't heard from me in a while. I responded letting them know that I don't appreciate them undercutting my business.