• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fellers ordering anxiety

gnubler

I order most of my vinyl from Fellers and it seems like their available inventory, according to their website, is getting worse and worse. Checking on availability requires a phone call and the process is so time consuming and nerve wracking. On one order for a specialty wrap film I had to run through 8 different color choices before finding one they actually had in stock.

I know there's a lot of Fellers hate on the forum - is this why? Where are you all ordering the bulk of your vinyl from and are you happy with the process/service? I'm ready to find some different suppliers, even if it costs more. My volume is low and I tend to place stock orders 2x a month.

netsol

i have never ordered from fellers (although i just opened an account)
didn't they used to have a huge inventory?

Graphic Extremes

Knows To Little
I use Fellers and have never had any issues with them. The owner sold out to a different company and now I am hearing that they are having problems. They always have what I needed in stock, even through the pandemic I never had any issues getting anything.

I am interested in finding another supplier that everyone is using just in case I start to have problems.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I stop using them ages ago. When a new catalog came out, we would take bets on how many times Frank's image would be printed. They use to have great pricing and always fast on delivery. Then more often then not our local warehouse wouldn't have stock ..then prices went up.

gnubler

The whole cowboy/ego deal with the owner is lame, but whatever. Yes, you can order by the yard on many items. But every time I'm checking on stock on their website and get the old "Call for availability" alert I know I'm in for a 15-20 minute phone call. They take forever to answer the phone.

jcskikus

Owner, Designer & Installer
Since Frank lost the company to his wife, then she just had someone else run it until she could sell it off, Fellers really fell off track with how they conduct business. Their Piscataway warehouse was the worse as Id constantly get things days after I'd ordered or the wrong substrate. The only kudos I'll give, is that at least they and JDS Industries, keep an online inventory (somewhat). Grimco and NGlantz is the opposite. If I order a roll of IJ680CR 48"x50yd, they'd automatically throw it on backorder and not notify me if it isn't in stock. Once the pandemic hit, this was a bit of a blessing, as I could keep stuff on backorder as I'm also looking for it elsewhere.

IsItFasst

I hear ya. When it's a common vinyl and it says "call for availability" I just move onto the next vendor. They used to answer the phone right away but that isn't a thing the last few times I've called so I prefer to order online (always have anyway). Some of their pricing is still pretty good but they got rid of 10 yard rolls so you have to order those by the foot now which just isn't worth it when I can get 10 yards for about the price of 5 from them. I used to really like them because their local warehouse is about 4 minutes from me. I normally stay on top of thing and with free shipping, I'd just rather have it shipped to my door unless it is an emergency.

ikarasu

Grimco is the best in Canada.

Accurate online Inventory, delivery dates for everything .. so if the local warehouse doesn't have it, you'll know how long it takes.

No kissing up tomorrow for better deals - doesn't matter if you're a million dollar a year or a $500 a year account... It's all the same pricing.

I can email our rep and get a reply within 5 mins. They don't do everything by the yard, but most stuff they do. They're the biggest in our area... So they have the most stock as well.

netsol

Grimco is the best in Canada.

Accurate online Inventory, delivery dates for everything .. so if the local warehouse doesn't have it, you'll know how long it takes.

No kissing up tomorrow for better deals - doesn't matter if you're a million dollar a year or a $500 a year account... It's all the same pricing.

I can email our rep and get a reply within 5 mins. They don't do everything by the yard, but most stuff they do. They're the biggest in our area... So they have the most stock as well.
i am not sure i am following you.
are you saying grimco does "by the yard"?

robert griffith

BIG BOB'S SIGNS & GRAPHIC'S
Here in South Carolina Grimco is Cheaper then Fellers I buy from Fellers because they send ups or FedEx all over $100.dollars free. I buy from Grimco I have to go get it.most the time it next day by fellers.

netsol

i find it hard to believe ANYONE is higher than grimco
i certainly am glad to have them, when things are out of stock elsewhere, but, i hate a company who overcharges, unless you reach out to a rep & beg with a tin cup for the
discount you deserved in the first place.