• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Filling year end capacity

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
We're like one or two projects away. I'm pretty motivated to make this our best year yet, and December is one of our slowest months.

If you have a project that you're working on with your customer, and you needed a little help to get it done, this might just be your sign. :roflmao:

We'll explore every option to make something work if you are close. Shoot me a DM with details and where you need to be and I'll see what I can do!

Thanks!
-Gene

Last edited:

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
This sounds like it should be an internal conversation within your company rather than a sales pitch. If a salesman walked in my door and said man I killed it last year and I want to make even more this year, can you buy some more stuff from me, it would be the last time he ever stepped foot on my property. Not that I care, I'm happy that people are doing well but it's not being very humble. It is also likely that there are struggling businesses on here that don't want to hear how great other people are doing while they work their tails off trying to stay afloat. It's not your problem or responsibility to make them feel better but it is helpful in sales to be the nice average Joe. Once people think you are making a mint off of them, the relationship has a tendency to sour.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
After hearing that... sounds like getting close to last year is cause for celebration in and of itself.... but I get the bragging rights to say "We've grown every year since XXXX".

I just placed a $8k printed vinyl order from your competitor. I was surprised you don't offer cast wrap vinyl.

mjames

Premium Subscriber
Hi!

This is a little odd for me, but we are crazy close to our year end goal here at FireSprint to make this our best year ever!

We're like one or two projects away. I'm pretty motivated to hit it, and December is one of our slowest months.

If you have a project that you're working on with your customer, and you needed a little help to get it done, this might just be your sign. :roflmao:

We'll explore every option to make something work if you are close. Shoot me a DM with details and where you need to be and I'll see what I can do!

Thanks!
-Gene
Does FireSprint print reflective vinyl?

FireSprint.com

Sorry guys. I didn't think of it like that. I just figured if you had a job that was just out of reach, maybe we could work together to make it happen before the end of the year. Just pragmatic.

You're right though. I am proud of how far we've come, but there's probably a better way to keep it going.

After consideration, I've edited my post above. Thanks for the feedback.

Good luck closing out your years!

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Personally, ya do what ya hafta do to keep your doors open, but now after editing your post, our posts look kinda p!ssy. I dislike people who change their posts to make themselves appear better. Now, you're being purposely deceitful. Is that now the MO of your company ?? Making a spelling change or seeing a left out word is one thing, but this, NO WAY.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Geez, I didn't see the original post but personally wouldn't get offended by someone trying to hit/beat their goals.

I get what y'all are griping about, but at the end of the day it's not like he's asking for donations - Firesprint is obviously a trade partner and it's a mutually beneficial relationships with their clients, or so I would imagine. I just wish we had companies like yours locally. Our local screenprinters are all our competition, so I don't love sending them work.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm not here to split hairs with a misprinted word or a spelling error, but just as white haus now views and points out..... it looks as if we're barking up the wrong tree. That...... and four foot flames just burn my a$$.

gnubler

Whose ass is on fire here? I'm guessing someone in Omaha. I think this thread derailed in the wrong direction.

FireSprint.com

The concept of my post didn't really change. Trying to reach our goals by filling year end capacity. I did change the post to try to get my request across better, but the idea is still the same.

My post is not just one sided. Yes, I want to fill year end capacity, yes I want to hit an arbitrary number; however, this doesn't work without you.

You might have a job that your competition beat you out by 10%. Any other time of the year, I couldn't give you a 10% discount (Especially on a big project). But today, I might be able to make that happen. That's all this means. We have alot of inventory on our floor, and alot of available capacity. We pay our team 40hrs nomatter how slow we get. Especially around Christmas. My cost to run a job today is not the same cost as it will be this spring. It's an opportunity for everyone.

---

I am crazy transparent about our business. Sometimes I communicate that transparency in a way that doesn't resonate, or I say something just plain stupid. I AM a capitalist, but my heart is in this business and being a trade supplier. We win when you win. This isn't something I can prove to you today, it's just something you have to see me and my team prove day in and day out over a decade - and we will.

---

We will likely get back into cast vinyl soon. We're really a rigid shop. 3 years ago only about 7% of our volume was roll to roll. The cost of printing a job on expensive cast vinyl once or twice a week made it impossible for us to turn a profit on it. Today, we're about 25% roll, it's growing. But, in order for us to offer a roll material, we need to run a full roll every day or two. I suspect we'll get there soon with cast.

Texas_Signmaker (Or anyone else) if there is something you need, feel free to reach out to me directly and ask. My team won't deviate from what's on our website, but that doesn't mean we can't add the product in the next few months.

---

Thanks again to everyone keeping this post alive. It does sting a little, but I'm learning something here. Thank you.

Last edited: