• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Film on boards?

copythat

We've been purchasing Ultra mount boards for two years. We have never taken noticed of a film that is applied to the boards. When questioning supplier, they said it's always been there. This film is a pain in the ( Y ) to remove. We are paying $28 a board and it takes 15 minutes or better to remove. Is this correct? If so, any other boards that don't have this film?

TIA

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
never used ultra mount boards...but my concern would be with the other signs you've done and didn't notice the film...

Bill Modzel

After reading your post I ran out to the shop to check out my stock. I can't even find a film on the face of my Ultra Board so I looked up the material on Wensco's website.
There is an UltraMount product that has a liner on it but it is a kraft paper which would be quite visible I'd think.
From their web site.
"Ultra Mount is a lightweight structural panel of rigid polystyrene foam core faced on both sides with poly coated kraft paper."

There is also an Ultra Board, which has no liner. Could your supplier be discussing the wrong product?

J Hill Designs

the poly coated kraft paper is the surface - there's probably a protective film on top of that to save from scratches in shipping etc

copythat

Thanks for reply

Going back to regular foam boards. 25 - 4' x 8' for $265 w/delivery is a very nice price.