• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Finecut 9 Software CD request

logotogogo

I tried getting a replacement once for a lost CD from Mimaki, I had the invoice and stuff, they said nope, need to buy a new one
I did also, but wtf- I think it should be a given since it is free to Mimaki users.
I heard the serial number is usable if someone gives it to you after their CD generates one. But so far nobody wants to prove it for me. LOL When it comes time to upgrade- I will not buy a Mimaki that's for sure!

logotogogo

It is a trial for 30 days if you do not have the CD to activate the version you got with the purchase of the plotter. Like my Finecut was removed when IT wiped the computer. I looked for CD, but did not have it. So now instead of free like it was, we gotta pay if we don't have the CD to generate the serial number. Wahn-wahhhn...

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
Go to Mimaki's website. Look for the Finecut downloads/upgrades.
Each 'upgrade' is a full version, as opposed to being a partial improvement and needing a previous version for the rest of the files.
The FC installer looks for an original cd or dvd - I forget if it must be a cd rather than a dvd, or if it is optional.
Once the installer finds an original CD/dvd, it continues with the installation.
It knows it is original by the label.
Try and create your own, and call it what worked for me the 2nd time I tried after we broke our original cd
ie my label is FCCDv76_FCAIIv76 (I previously thought it was 'Finecut' as a label which worked once, but not later on. Actually I found notes saying Finecut DID work as a label when loading it on a Win XP PC
FCCDv7 translates as Fine Cut Corel Draw version 7 - looks like a CD is preferred, maybe, not a DVD, and the Illy suffix on the 2nd part after the underscore. That was needed as a label for installing on a Win 10 PC.
(PS the end of the label name has two uppercase letter i (eye), not lowercase L (ell). I have no ideas why it needs the 2nd 'I'.)

That all worked fine for me

I did manage to get version 9.3 going on my win 10 pc before it died - using Corel 2019, but frankly I'm a hermit and prefer Corel X3.
The notes I scribbled for the successful Win 10, FC9 installation are:
Download FC version 9.3 & run it.
It will install itself into Corel 2019, and will need a licence generated.
The licence generation will need an original CD. I put my fresh duplicate labelled FCCDv7 in.
It was happy with that. It then generated an unlock code which might have been FCC-80149
but the rest of my notes are missing- the lage was torn and gone.
However FC needs Windows Dot Net 2.5 and also 3.0, and they were not automatically on the PC, despite Win 10 being the O/S.
You can get both of those 2 off the Original Win 10 iso or the Win10 instalation USB, using a batch file to run them - it takes 1 minute - according to my scribbles.
The licence THEN works after both dot nets have been done - not just 3.0, but 2.5 first.

Ask Mr Google if you have dot net problems.

I did try & download the dot net files via Google and it failed to work, but when I went to the Win 10 iso, it was very quick. I got the how-to instructions from Google.

Ok, another of my notes says that it was content with a dvd being labelled that way. and that I used version 9.13, not 9.3

I just found another page I'd written saying the procedures or process for installing and serials needed with Win 10 & version 9 is in the Fine cut installation guide on page 1-11 and page 1-13.
The PC will issue a FC9 serial key, then it will need the cd to authenticate the serial key.
Download the FC9 installer - perhaps that's why I used 9.13 to begin with, not 9.3

Double click the installer- it'll install on the desktop & a menu is displayed
Start the FC9 serial key issuance tool (click the button)
When the 'windows feature' windows is displayed, the serial key issuance tool does NOT start. NOT.
Click to download & install this feature (if applicable).
INstall net framework 3.5 (my notes say this includes 2.5 & 3.0
Restart the serial key issuance tool after installing those dot net files.
Go and have a cuppa also, before you give up in despair.

The serial keys it gives you ARE needed later for future upgrades - KEEP them written somewhere

That's it.

Looking back, it seems i've probably given 2 sets of instructions - one for version 7 which upgrades to v8, and a different set for v9 which does not need 7 or 8 to begin with, but 7 & 8 done. have that serial issuance tool rigmarole.

I'll apologise for possibly doubling up and not having a simple coherent sequence, but it worked for me doing all that.

Yes, it is nonsense that you should have to go through all that to get the plotter to work.
Just like I feel HP ought to GIVE us a rip to make the latex printers work... once we've bought the plotter and the printer.
But it does not seem that logic comes into play, sometimes.

Here's a screen shot I saved during the successful installation - however, we do have an original FC cd - albeit a broken one so i cannot offer anyone an ISO. The cracked centre part means cd readers complain.

serial FC9-3650881.jpg

Last edited: