• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Finecut Connection issue

WhippetGames

Hi all! I have acquired a Mimaki CG-130FX and cant seem to connect with Finecut. I have seen plenty of people with this issue here but nobody has posted the fix...
-Windows 11
-Mimaki CG-130FX
-Finecut 9 on Coreldraw 2021
-USB Connection

Device is seen and connection check is ok but when I go to cut it says "No response from plotter. Check whether the plotter is in remote mode and in the correct communication." Driver is set to "Mimaki USB Port 2" and I have tried every COM port and USB port with no luck...This seems to be a problem for many people on here but nobody has stated the fix and I'm desperately needing this guy to work, PLEASE HELP

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Is it in remote mode? Also, this may have changed but for a long time the USB port was simply named, "USB_PRINTER_0" in the drop down list. The machine has to be on and plugged in for that to show up though. I assume you have already installed the latest Mimaki USB driver?

WhippetGames

Is it in remote mode? Also, this may have changed but for a long time the USB port was simply named, "USB_PRINTER_0" in the drop down list. The machine has to be on and plugged in for that to show up though. I assume you have already installed the latest Mimaki USB driver?
In remote mode and USB Driver has selected "Mimaki USB Port2" and I am using all the latest software and drivers (all re-installed 4 times to try and fix) restarted everything many times and tried every other port to make sure....still no luck unfortunatly

WhippetGames

If i were guessing...

thats a great guess, I would have never thought of this although would this problem not show up for everyone? I had thought to try on an older machine with older software to see if it was Windows11 having problems but it would be great to work on this design PC. Have you had problems with drivers and this windows signature enforcement?

MikeSA

Hi all,
I have the same issue: CG-130FX plotter, upgraded to a Windows 10 machine, loaded all the latest drivers and upgraded firmware and software to Finecut 9 on Coreldraw21.

I can cut if I send to the CG-FX Series as a printer using usb but as soon as I try using Finecut I get the "No response from plotter. Check whether the plotter is in remote mode and in the correct communication" error.

Finecut reads the material size perfectly but only sends 1kb to the machine before the error occurs. I’ve tried all parameters and settings on both pc and machine but still no joy. Even the above windows driver signing solution doesn’t help. If at all possible, can anyone please help me??? Has anyone actually managed to get this working properly?

Kindest Regards,

Mike