• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

First game of NFL football tonight

RaymondLoewy

Pretty fly for a Sign Guy
How many or you will be avoiding it to side with the US President?

What is your team and how do you think they will fair this year?

Do you have any opinions on limited crowd sizes imposed and if so do have you any opinions on the NBA bubble?

Seems like the NFL is leaving it up the the franchises to decide what is best. They let players opt out but didn't bubble like the NBA.

I think this could be a fun discussion and believe most people are desperate to have have a distraction from thier lives and the COVID which as been a pressure for every human..

I am excited to see how the Bucs do with Brady and Gronk, though it has nothing close to do with the teams I love.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
No NFL for me - not political just don't care for it.
I did get the $5.99 ESPN+ app so I could watch the UFC fights.
They have been putting on some really good ones every weekend for a few months now.
It's a pleasant distraction from all the blood and carnage here on signs101.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I've never been able to sit a watch any sport... moves too slow for me and 2 hours is too long to sit for. I don't get it, just like I don't get fishing... but hey, you enjoy it Raymond... cheer for your favorite team, buy a jersey and eat a hot dog.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
MotoGP is where it's at.

I've tried so hard to get into that since its one of the only motorsports that still airs here, but man it's a tough when you know virtually nothing.
F1 sends me to sleep more than it excites me these days. Hamilton seems to be a serial whinger when he doesn't win, so I'm sick of seeing the same boring race week after week.

Bly

I've tried so hard to get into that since its one of the only motorsports that still airs here, but man it's a tough when you know virtually nothing.
F1 sends me to sleep more than it excites me these days. Hamilton seems to be a serial whinger when he doesn't win, so I'm sick of seeing the same boring race week after week.

I'm a motorcyclist so naturally interested in Motogp.
I have a subscription to their website so can watch the races any time.
Which is handy since most of the overseas races are in the middle of the night our time.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Silly, silly lil' girl. Wanna try to fit in by talking sports. What a crock ?? Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Stacey K

I like making signs
My ex husband watched every single NFL game. Had 4 tv's in the basement, several fantasy leagues. Do you realize how many hours a week that involves? LOSER.

Anyway, I started to hate football because of him. Then Collin...more of a turn off. Now all this...NOPE. no desire at all to watch.

I'm a Packer fan and I love Brett Favre. If he plays, I will watch but that's never going to happen. OR WILL IT??? With all the Covid players out, maybe they will run out of quarterbacks and call him in! LOL

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
I'm a motorcyclist so naturally interested in Motogp.
I have a subscription to their website so can watch the races any time.
Which is handy since most of the overseas races are in the middle of the night our time.

What do you ride? I have an MT-10.

buggyjr12

I stopped watching the NFL after week 2 of the 2016 season when the kneeling started. Haven't watched a snap since and don't miss it.

Chriswagner92

No NFL for me - not political just don't care for it.
I did get the $5.99 ESPN+ app so I could watch the UFC fights.
They have been putting on some really good ones every weekend for a few months now.
It's a pleasant distraction from all the blood and carnage here on signs101.

I don't know if they're still doing it, but you can link your hulu and disney+ accounts and get espn added in, I think you still need a livetv add on though.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
I've never been able to sit a watch any sport... moves too slow for me and 2 hours is too long to sit for. I don't get it, just like I don't get fishing... but hey, you enjoy it Raymond... cheer for your favorite team, buy a jersey and eat a hot dog.
Dont knock fishing...lol. Ive had a freezer packed full all during this covid deal. Awesome to go and pull out a package and cook it up for my family and watch it get destroyed basically.
As for football....I bleed NY Giants Blue. Glad Shumur is gone and looking forward to this year now. Like you Raymond, IM also looking forward to seeing Brady play on the Bucs. Just to see how that goes.

JetPress

I like watching football and basketball in person which is very rare to begin with. I don't find it as exciting as watching it on tv. I'm just not into sports and plus I have other fun distractions to keep me occupied!

IsItFasst

I'm a big Chiefs fan (I live in KC and have been watching them through the good and bad years) but it was tough to watch the game last night since EVERYTHING is so political these days. I watch sports to be entertained, not brainwashed into people's beliefs. I am not for/against the message they are trying to send but the fact that half the commercials were political, all the pre-game stuff is political, and it seems most of the commentators were talking about political stuff more than the sport really turned me off.

Val47

So, I'm not a fan of professional sports in general, but my hubby loves to watch NFL. living in WA state - it's all about the Seahawks! But my guy also loves Green Bay. That said... today he's watching the Sunday game, and we are wondering where all of the cheering is coming from - the stands are empty! I know the Hawks need 12th man and all - but are they faking the crowd cheering - like canned laughter in a sitcom?! wow. way to make it real NFL! Going back to never trust what I see on tv philosophy. I try, but then I feel misled. does it ever end?! with anything?! ok, rant over :)