• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

First Portfolio Post Here

Hey everyone! Haven't posted anything on the portfolio board yet. Things are gearing up for the Kansas State Fair right here in Hutchinson, KS and this customer wants to have his signs replaced before the fair starts. His 2 old signs are 4' x 16' Nu-Alum that have been up for about 10 years. The vinyl on them are shot to say the least. There was no protective trim done to the sides of the Nu-Alum so they are warped pretty rough. The new signs we're finishing up with here at the shop are 2 - 4'x8' 1/4" Alumacorr panels that we will trim with 1/4" white edge cap. He wanted to freshen up his image a little bit so I brought in the old with the new. I'll update this thread with pics of the other sign and the completed job.

Attachments

• DSCF2362[2].jpg
    DSCF2362[2].jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 88
  • 2011-09-01_13.20.27.jpg
    2011-09-01_13.20.27.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 80
One step ahead of ya lol. We were contracted to replace both signs due to both businesses being at the one location. Here's a pic of the new Gospel Book Store sign. Just finished it up.

Attachments

• 2011-09-01_15.10.12.jpg
    2011-09-01_15.10.12.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 80
Pat the 1/2" white edge cap would work great on it. I would use silicone to anchor the edge cap on because the 1/2" doesn't fit quite as snug as the 1/4" does on 1/4" Alumacorr

Locals Find!

I really like that one. What color red is that?

I like the way it came out would like to use that color on a piece I am working on. Unfortunately its not going to be near as nice as your piece.

Adtechia.....I have 2 shades of darker red on that. The Lightest is C: 26.3% M: 100% Y: 100% K: 36.1% The Darker Red in the box with the Bibles verbiage and in the scrolls in the bg is C: 26.3% M: 100% Y: 100% K: 47.1% Hope that helps you dial in that vibrant darker red. I printed these on a Mutoh Valuejet 1304 @ 720x720 dpi.

Locals Find!

Adtechia.....I have 2 shades of darker red on that. The Lightest is C: 26.3% M: 100% Y: 100% K: 36.1% The Darker Red in the box with the Bibles verbiage and in the scrolls in the bg is C: 26.3% M: 100% Y: 100% K: 47.1% Hope that helps you dial in that vibrant darker red. I printed these on a Mutoh Valuejet 1304 @ 720x720 dpi.

Thanks. I don't have a printer I sub out that work. But that darker red is what caught my eye. I been looking for just the right shade to use on a project and thats the one. Thanks again.

I noticed my picture of the first one really didn't show much detail. Here's a portion of the design to show you the detail that the sign has on it.

Attachments

• Bulk Food Sign Detail.jpg
    Bulk Food Sign Detail.jpg
    634.7 KB · Views: 80
Thanks Blue Fish!!! A little background on the customer. He's an older Mennonite gentleman and wanted the signs to keep the old fashioned look. I was able to talk him into somewhat modernizing the Gospel Book Store sign.