• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

First Printhead Install

thewood

Well, we successfully installed our first printhead today. I do the majority of the maintenance on the Mimaki, but I've never tackled a printhead. After watching a friend of mine, who is a Mimaki Certified Tech, install our last couple, though, I decided to give it a go. Everything went smoothly, and it was really satisfying to see that first flawless Test Draw and subsequent prints. I just wanted to brag a bit, and you are the only folks I know who give a rip (pun intended) about printers, etc. Self high five!

uneedasign

Congrats! We did one a couple of weeks ago.With the help of our son who has done a couple in the past. Its rewarding when you get everything perfectly alinged.

wrapman jamz

Amazing how easy it is. I've managed to get busy and not check the material feed too many times. Otherwise I would probably have never had the head strike in the first place. And watch the nasty little screens in the caping stations, they like to "pop" out and scratch the heads. Ouch! Congrats